Who do the Democrats run in 2020?

So any care to speculate on who the Democratic presidential candidate will be in 2020? And for the sake of argument let’s try avoid sparky comments about the election being cancelled, a nuclear apocalypse, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Who can be put forward that won’t be demonized, now that the Republicans know that demonization works?

A charismatic black guy worked for them twice so how about Cory Booker?

We’ll see who turns up in New Hampshire next year.

I have no predictions for 2020, but I favor Kamala Harris after that.

Folks … Democrats need to focus on 2018 … it’s the State legislatures that (generally) reapportion Congressional district after the 2020 census … don’t let the Republicans steal that away from you again … or we’ll have a Republican Congress until 2030 …

Hillary Clinton of course,

Kaine is my guess. I was going to suggest Warren as VP, but she will be 71 by then. How about Kaine and Obama (Michelle, of course)?

Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Trump showed that an outsider with no experience can win. Now let’s try one who isn’t loathsome.

I have just the person.

He’s got charisma, knows his stuff, can match Trump on TV experience, and already has an established animus with the President-elect.

I nominate Jon Stewart.

Kanye.

Whoever it is, I strongly hope it’s someone born no earlier than 1970.

me

What the hell - let’s go with Tammy Duckworth. Sure it’s early in her career but she’s got more experience than Trump.

Dems should be looking at 2024. The winning party usually holds the White House for 8 years. There have been exceptions, but 8 years is the usual pattern.

No, they should be looking at 2018, in which they stand at least something of a chance of getting part of Congress back.

Since Trump is not a true conservative, if he doesn’t follow through on most of his promises (immigration, supreme court justices, trade deals) its possible his biggest threat will be a challenge from within his own party. Even if he prevails, it could cripple him just as Kennedy hurt Carter and Buchanan hurt Daddy Bush.

I don’t see her on the top of the ticket in 2020, but a disabled female war veteran would make a very good VP.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Trump has proven that celebrity is much more important than trifles like experience, competence, or intelligence, so if Democrats want to win, they should just nominate some media star.

So, Kanye. Or George Clooney.

+1

They will run Kaine next time, and karl Rove will use his usual tricks.