Who else can't stand the McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" Slogan/Campaign?

The jingle was written by Pharrell Williams, off of the Neptunes/NERD.

Make of that what you will. Sellout!

I hate that slogan SOOO much! McDonalds are getting some really bad advertising advice these days.

Great. This means we’re probably getting David Hasselhoff in their next campaign.
:smack:

Robin

Don’t Hassle tha Hoff!

I’m not lovin’ it.

However, I’m at a loss to know what else they could do; maybe ‘Now with 50% less disgruntled worker phlegm!’, if they could live up to such a claim, that is.

Actually some years ago a read a book about marketting. They used the cycle of McDonalds ads as an example of “genius” marketting. They said that while all other fast food chains were emphasising food quality (“Where’s the beef?”), McDonalds came up with campaign after campaign that never actually mentioned the food just created this iconic, all-American family experience. When I started looking at their marketting in retrospect it was remarkable to see what they had done.

I haven’t spent a dime at McDonald’s in years, because of the damn ads. I’ve never like the food all that much, but I used to drop by when I needed some cheap animal protein to fill my gut. No more.

I sometimes wonder how the singers feel about singing “Ba duh buh buh buuuhh…” with the intensity normally reserved for moving ballads of love and loss.

Oh, and it’s not just the current “I’m lovin’ it” campaign, as abysmally bad as it is. Remember the old “We loooove to see you smiiiiile” bullshit? I hated that nearly as bad.

Except that times change, and one of the problems that McD’s has had in recent years is a decline in consistancy in their establishments. There’s also been the botched manner in which McD’s has handled things like the movie Super Size Me and those folks who were handing out pamphlets which said that McD’s is responsible for the destruction of the rainforest and is cruel to cows.