Who had the greatest hair in music?

I nominate Noel Redding. I always knew that, but I just stumbled across the cover of the Experience’s BBC Sessions (he’s the guy at the right), and boy, was that a glorious ultra-fro! Of course the whole band had fabulous hair, but Redding’s was a piece of art in itself. It looks like an eagle’s nest. I saw Lenny Kravitz in 1993 and his bass player had the same hair, but that doesn’t count, he was aping Redding just like his band leader did Hendrix. So, can someone top it? It’s always fun to compare hairdos :).

Always was partial to Bob Seger. Woof.

My hair looked very similar when I was 25 :eek::D.

ETA: but no beard.

To get it out of the way: of course Rob Tynercould compete with Noel Redding in the fro-compartment. And the guy from the Melvins.

The guys from Sigue Sigue Sputnik had hair and a half.

Hendrix referred to Redding as “Bob Dylans grandmother” because:

Dylan has the most iconic hair in rock, and Keith Richards is second IMO.

That one Mandrell Sister, I can’t remember which one.

My Beloved says Beethoven.
I say Brian May.

X Japan.

Wayne Static was awesome. RIP.

A Flock Of Seagulls owed a lot to Mike Score’s hair.

Toyah Wilcox sported some awesome hair back in the day.

But if I had to pick a single greatest, the title would have to go Crystal Gayle.

I’m old school.

Roger Daltrey

For a 72 year old guy, he STILL has a great head of hair!

Stevie Nicks at one point.

Esperanza Spalding

Vixen!

Leopold!

Ed Cassidy from Spirit. That look is pretty common these days, but back in the 60s, he really stood out, especially for a rock musician.

Agree with Dylan’s '65/'66 hair. Of course Keef’s got great hair too, but can you call that a hairdo? I guess he’s never seen a hairdresser since '63 and just nibbles of the ends from time to time in his leisure time.

I just scraped together the few remnants of my school French, but I love the caption:

Answer: Non.

Uh, I know this is a hijack, but I think you might want to revise that “no” answer when talking about a band who sold over a million albums with a career spanning more than 40 years.

Even the death of founder Jan Kuehnemund in 2013 hasn’t stopped the band.

http://vixenofficial.com

You know, a million albums in 40 years doesn’t impress me much as “une grande carrière”, sounds more like a solid and steady career that paid the bills. Don’t get me wrong, I adore bands that probably sold much less records, sold records is not a great measure for quality, but I just found the extreme 80’s hairdos, the caption and the rather obscure band quite funny. I must admit that I don’t know any of their music, I heard the name once or twice. But you’re right, this is a small hijack, so let’s not make a big fuss about it, and no hard feelings :).