Who in fiction are you? (Book Week Scotland Personality Test)

Aragorn from The Lord Of The Rings

Apparently I am Mikael Blomkvist from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Having neither read the novel nor seen the film, I have no idea how to feel about that.

*A generally happy person, you enjoy your own company and the company of others. With an excitable nature, you have a tendency to seize upon and get really passionate about new people and ideas, but you do need time alone to process your experiences.

Emotional excitement is indeed a large part of your life leading to boredom with mundane tasks – much to the chagrin of your family, colleagues and friends. On bad days you can switch from gregarious to over-bearing. But, given flexibility plus time with people and ideas, your enthusiasm can help almost anyone overcome seemingly insurmountable problems.*

Doesn’t seem all that far off, though.

“You are Mma Ramotswe from The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency”

"Mma Ramotswe relies on her intuition and understanding of people, rather than attention to the details of the law, to help her solve cases. Her rare insight into how people work is something you share.

Your quest for finding meaning in life draws you towards jobs that help you make the world a better place. Although you’re generally calm and laid-back, on bad days you can become introverted, stubborn and inflexible, and you have a strong dislike for conflict. Yet you are capable of achieving so much, including great writing, if you’d only give yourself more credit."
I guess I’d better read the book!

Another Dr. Watson, which is fitting, given that the last test like this I took told me that I was Sherlock Holmes.

Most of the questions on this one seemed to fall along only one or two axes, though-- That’s really not enough to be interesting.

Another Zaphod checking in. But I’m just zis guy, you know?

Lets start a club.

George Smiley. :eek:

“You are V from V for Vendetta”

Holy Crap!

Well, that doesn’t sound so bad, I guess.

Another Poirot checking in.

As am I.

That’s all well and good, but now I have to explain to my fiancee (a female, for the record) that I am homosexual. This is somewhat distressing.

I always thought I liked women. Heck, I LOVE women. But I suppose that was all just a fantasy born of many years of enjoying my sexuality in a sea of women (figuratively speaking).

How the heck am I supposed to start over now? I am a middle-aged guy living in the woods, for Goddess sake! But, as my late father once said, “if you read it on the Internet, it must be true.”

Man, this is going to suck.

Katniss Everdeen!? :eek: :confused:

George Smiley. I wonder who the female equivalent of that would be, since it all starts with age and there aren’t all that many famous older females.

They could have skipped 90% of the questions and just asked if you were an extravert or introvert.

Of course, he was quoting Abraham Lincoln.

Dumbledore.

Hermione Granger

The female equivalent is Emma Morley, whoever she is. I could only find descriptions of the apparently dreadful film version of the book, starring Anne Hathaway.

If I were nicer, I’d be Precious Ramotswe.

I am Jane Eyre.

Exactly–they all seemed to be different ways of asking about the same personality traits.

Depending on the gender, I’m Coraline or Hercule Poirot.

Well, yeah, and I’m a lot older than Katniss Everdeen! How did they come up with her?