Who Is The Colts' Starting QB Next Season?

The more I see the changes the Colts making, the more I think they’re either expecting Manning to retire or planning to let him go. They shook up the front office and got rid of people who were close with him, they fired Caldwell and brought in a coach with a defensive background. I think they’ve decided they need to rebuild a bunch of things even if Manning is healthy, so it doesn’t make sense to pay big money to a quarterback near the end of his career.

It’ll be Luck… things move on… Jordan retired and Pete Myers took his spot… Jeter will soon be done as well. Why sit Luck? Athletically and maturity wise the is ready to go… the days of sitting a year like Carson Palmer are done… Luck is probably more prepared than Cam was.

Just stop the small size shit… draft some big dlineman and let Freeney go… Time for the Colts to move on…

Supposedly the decision to move on from Peyton was made weeks ago and now Irsay says he won’t discuss Manning. I’d say there is a 95% chance he will not be in Indy by the start of next season.

The maturity thing is hard to judge. And yes, some QBs are going to continue to sit a year depending on what situation they come in to. If the team sucks but the QB is not going to get killed and you don’t have a better option, it might make sense to play him. That may be the Colts in 2012-13. Manning played right away and it certainly didn’t hurt his development, but then again Aaron Rodgers sat for a few years and he turned out OK.

It won’t be Manning. I’m not sure Luck will start the first regular season game as the Colts might bring in a Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell to start a few games.

That would be a total waste of resources.

Both those guys see themselves as starters still; they’ll cost too much and are going to want to go somewhere where they have a chance to keep playing.

Orlovsky or Kellen Clemens or some other just-glad-to-have-a job guy will do if they decide to hold Luck out until midseason.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t part of the reason they put the whole rookie salary cap issue put into play so that rookies couldn’t hold out?

“Rookies holding out” and “holding out a rookie” are different things. Holding out a rookie is not letting him play until you feel he’s up to speed on the playbook, etc. It doesn’t have anything to do with his contract.

Too true – I misread that.

I heard Brett Favre is itching to come back…

(d &r…)

Brian

He’s due a $28 million bonus on March 8 if he’s still on the roster then. Make that 100%.

Several months past due, but it was the Luck voters who won this one. Go us!
(And just so no one puts a vote in now in an attempt to ride some coattails [sneaky bastards!], the correct voters were ads95, appleciders, arseNal, astorian, Barkis is Willin’, Bartman, Blaster Master, bouv, brickbacon, Chicagojeff, dalej42, Death of Rats, Disgruntled Penguin, drm, Duke, ElvisL1ves, Enginerd, etv78, Fact of the Matter, fiddlesticks, FoieGrasIsEvil, furt, Gangster Octopus, garygnu, Gorsnak, Gray Ghost, Hal Briston, Hampshire, hende, hrhomer, Invisible Chimp, It’s Not Rocket Surgery!, Jackknifed Juggernaut, jamus23, jdubs, jjohns828, John DiFool, JohnT, JSexton, kenobi 65, Lord Ashtar, Marley23, Miltonyz, mkecane, MOIDALIZE, Munch, NicorGasMan, Ogre, Omniscient, Paintcharge, Parthol, pseudotriton ruber ruber, Really Not All That Bright, Saint Cad, SenorBeef, sitchensis, Skammer, Snupzilla, Southern Yankee, The Walking Dude, TheBoltEater, TheonX, Tom Scud, treis, What Exit?, wmulax93, wolfman, Yaxche, Zakalwe)

Sure rub it in

This will be the last time I listen to football predictions from Jim Cramer.

Hey, go me!

Okay!

How’s that prediction working out for ya?

:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not like they’re going to make the playoffs, and the Luck hype has massively outpaced the actual production. He has a 79.1 passer rating and he’s turned it over 14 times (the same number as Michael Vick).

Wait…have you been moonlighting as a board operator at Gillette Stadium?

I fully sign on to the Luck hype… the kid can play… when I saw him take an asswhipping in Chicago all my fellow bear fans were impressed with how he stayed in the pocket and didn’t get happy feet… Second pro game of your career and Julius Peppers is hitting you on every snap… Impressed… Stepped into his throws and all that…

1. Kid is smart… obviously… Stanford ain’t sliding in ringers 2) Athletic as hell… because he’s white and WHITE journalists/media types are completely uncomfortable with this subject great white athletes are always getting run down (Yeah this from a forty yr old Black dude… sick of this shit)
  2. Tough… you can’t downplay having a dad who played in the league… Andrew already knew how to prepare… I always wondered why and if WVU gave Oliver shit about his kid being in Palo Alto …