Who Killed Jesus?

This is funny.

All these people who are “really smart” read the op’s post and ignore it because it is to long.

They explain how wrong he is multiply times and ask him not to waste their time by posting. but they read and post and spend their time. their are a lot of threads that I just skim because I do not want to waste my time with, I do not post and post because someone is wasting my time. If it is a waste I laugh or shake my head and go on.

Got go now time for church.

before i start with this reply i would like to slap myself in the head… smack… I was suddenly reminded by the red like under Lacunas that the plural of Lacuna is Lacunae (and no i didn’t have to right click and see the correct spelling…). let’s all just pretend i thought i typed the ‘e’ but didn’t notice i typed an ‘s’. I’m not ashamed or afraid to own up to my mistakes. I may be intelligent, but I’m still human, and as far as I’m concerned ALL humans make mistakes. It’s human nature.

I would greatly appreciate if someone would inform me on how to get it fixed. I remember reading, while signing up, that to change your user name you have to contact the administration… or something like that. I don’t know I wasn’t paying attention.

v.v

I have my doubts about that statement. I believe I am one of the most intelligent persons alive(Lacunas is proof of that fo’shizzle, lol), and who are you to say I am not? Go ahead. Call me a liar ;). I might not be as “educated” as some people… but I’m intelligent nonetheless. There may very well be some brilliant and well educated posters with a great deal of knowledge… but not everyone has a great deal of wisdom and most certainly, as I have noticed from the first reply to my post, not everyone shows a great deal of understanding.

Believe me. I proof read my posts(just not my user names). I probably read my posts more than everyone else who reads my posts combined. I’m a very conceited and self-conscious person. I also am not the one who initiated the lectures. I believe those who can’t understand what I type or refuse to read what I type because I intentionally don’t use proper capitalization are the one’s who started the lecturing and foolish insinuating. Please note, that for your viewing pleasure, I have decide to tediously capitalize all that is in need of capitalization.

Please, Glee… let’s do.

Originally Posted by Lacunas Quell
before i rant, and yes, there will be ranting, i would first like to thank God for leading me to this website because it has been far too long since i last posted in a forum

I am informed about my discussion. As a Christian, my sole source of information regarding anything I discuss would obviously and logically be the Holy Bible, or any text related to the Holy Bible. I believe the Holy Bible is full of truth and that those truths apply to ALL mankind. Who are you to call me a liar? Even more so, who are you to say God is a liar? It is written “Let God’s word be true and every man be found a liar”. Does that make me a liar? I’m a man and the Bible says all men are to be found liars! OH NO! I’m caught! Good thing I get my information from the Word of God. FYI… God doesn’t do a poor job at anything.

It also seems like this website is the cause of more ignorance than the destruction of.

I will get to the topic of this thread after the introduction… i do want to talk about who killed Jesus… but i must go over some other things first…

Because I would like for people to attempt to and have the opportunity to understand me as a person and I feel it is important to state these things because I’m just that kind of person, ok? I want to relate to people and/or I want people to relate with me. That was my way of doing so. Forgive me if I don’t exhibit proper internet etiquette. Honestly, I could care less about internet etiquette. I can’t believe people expect etiquette in a virtual world. It’s silly, but because I want people to read what I have to say without thinking I’m a nutcase… God forbid they should have any understanding of my wanting to be a unique individual that does things my own way.

… i look back at things in my past and see a horrible person… but i know that i have made the choice to never do those things again. there are things in my life, as of this moment, that in the future i will look back on as horrible things i will never do again (such as smoking cigarettes… such a cliché, i know).

Why, yes! Yes it is. Doesn’t mean I don’t accept it as the truth, though.

Originally Posted by Lacunas Quell View Post
random interesting fact… saying something is a cliché is cliché.

The fact you don’t find it interesting is your own personal opinion. Others may have found that statement interesting or humorous, as it was intended to be humorous. Let me ask you this, Nostradamus… were you expecting me to say it? Well then I guess it was pretty darn random for you.

Originally Posted by Lacunas Quell View Post
p.s. i quote the Bible. i find it very quotable. i am not trying to preach.

I don’t believe I am. It is not my intention to preach. I am stating what I believe as the truth. I do not feel as if I’m giving a sermon, nor do I feel as if I am advocating or verbally supporting anyone reading my posts in an insisting, urging, or inciting manner. I am just typing what I perceive as fact and truth. I have yet to encourage anyone to believe what I believe nor have I condemned anyone who does not believe. However, because most of the replies to my post have been petty attempts at discrediting me because I was choosing not to capitalize, well… I don’t know what any of you believe.

i must warn you before you read any further… i type long posts (i’m sure you’ve noticed by now if you’ve read this far). i would constantly be criticized by people in the last forums i posted in because of the length of my posts (partly the reason i left that forum and have had nothing to do with forums until now).

Not for one moment have I ever wondered why I am constantly criticized. I’ve known the reason all along. Ignorance. Certain people are ignorant, especially when it comes to understanding the Word of God.

It looks like, with myself included, ignorance is still right at home on StraightDope. …great job fighting it, guys!

please, please, PLEASE don’t complain about the length of my posts. you do not have to read this if you do not want to… and from personal observation, if you complain about the length of a post, people will either worship you and follow your lead or they will think you are lazy and ignorant and not desiring to read the thoughts, beliefs, or opinions of another human being.

My posts are not incoherent. My posts are quite coherent to those with some understanding, a little bit of Biblical knowledge, and a desire for wisdom. I admit I can be a bit redundant… but I believe the things I type are perfectly coherent.

i type my posts for my own pleasure and for the pleasure of those who enjoy reading what i post.

[quote=“glee, post:19, topic:491168”]

Educated people will not derive pleasure from badly written posts.

Because educated people think too highly of their selves. They are puffed up with knowledge and educated people tend to have the bad habit of thinking they are better than others just because they are or are more educated. I probably know more about the Bible than most everyone, if not everyone, who has replied to this thread. I have also probably attended more Bible Studies than most everyone, if not everyone, who has participated in this thread. Therefore, I am more educated when it comes to the Bible and the Word of God, yet I don’t think that makes me better than you. I won’t tread in unfamiliar waters. You won’t find me discussing nonlinear dynamics or the fact that protons have mass… sheesh… i didn’t even know protons were Catholic! (yes, for those of you wondering, I have played fallout 3 and that is exactly where i heard that joke).

know this… i am stubborn… and until i choose to change the way i think or believe, i will continue to think and believe the things i do.

Well it wasn’t. I didn’t know I would be talking with super geniuses when typing that. I didn’t know half of you were going to be English and Language professors. Had I know… I would’ve… probably still said it. deal with it. If it bothers you that I am redundant… then I… really don’t care. I can’t please everyone. I’m not trying to impress anyone here. I’m not that desperate for an ego trip… like some educated people I have recently met. Trust me on this one though… it is definitely SWIY. Are acronyms frowned upon here at SD? I seriously hope not… LOL… or else I’ll be ROTFLMAO because I just can’t seem to do anything right in the PUBLIC, FREE, PLACE TO WITNESS (if I must), and if I assume correctly SD (that stands for StraightDope, btw) is most awesomely headquartered in the good ol’ U.S. of MUTHA’FIZZUCKIN’FREEDOM’o’MUTHA’FIZZUCKIN’SPEECH A., baby! oops… there i go with my redundancy again. oops… I didn’t capitalize that last ‘i’… shame on me. I guess that’s just an average redundant high school drop out with a dry sense of humor (or no sense of humor) for ya.

i am not stupid… but i can be VERY foolish.

so are flightless birds and flying fish.

…but you wanna know something really ironic? Irony.

i like to debate with other humans.

Some do. Especially those who take the time to debate with me instead of going out of their way to be so repetitively condescending. I don’t mind subtle condescension… because it’s not as apparent as regular condescension. When it’s subtle it’s like… someone is just slightly hinting that they don’t think you’re as intelligent or educated as they are, and it doesn’t hurt as much because 90% of the time, the condescended will be unaware they are being condescended by the condescending. You’re rather openly condescending towards me. Have i mentioned how redundant i am? OOPS! I forgot to capitalize two ‘is’ that time. I’m also rather forgetful. hmmm… is ‘is’ the plural of ‘i’…?
i believe creation took billions of years and i believe evolution was a process of creation. i DO NOT believe man evolved directly from ape, or any sort of animal. Man was created of the Earth. [EDIT] And man was created in the image of the Holy Trinity.

Oh, believe me, my friend… MANY people believe that man is the descendant of a primate, and that is what I meant, and I believe you know what I meant. Man was created in the image of God… not in the image of a simian anthropoid. IMPO, humankind bears absolutely NO resemblance to primates… c’mon! Fo’shizzle? If no one believes man is a descendant of a great ape, or a great ape-like creature, please explain why great apes and humans are grouped together in the hominid family, and why “Some researchers go so far as to include chimpanzees and gorillas in the genus Homo along with humans”.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae#Taxonomic_history

For those of you who wish to be associated with, and ancestors of, dook-flinging animals, be my guest. I, however, have been created in the image of God, and therefore He has called me to be a god and to be godly, and so I desire to be.

Who said I expected you to trust me? Trust is earned, not given. You will see, given the time, Lord willing, that nothing I say is misleading, or intended to mislead one away from the truth. If you choose not to trust me, that doesn’t mean you’re in the wrong, and it doesn’t make me a liar. I’m just putting the information on the table for those interested.

with 'nuff said… i will now get to the topic of this thread. Who killed Jesus?

I don’t believe you were even interested to begin with. Your only desire in participating in this thread seems to be an attempt to appear more educated. I notice you also don’t tread in the waters you aren’t familiar with. Smart move… in fact… I’ve noticed no one of has questioned or argued with anything I said about God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Which strikes me as odd, because I know I haven’t stumbled across a forum full of people who believe in the Holy Trinity, yet treat fellow believers like ignorant fools… or have I? I’ll be the first of any of you to admit that I am ignorant and I am a fool and because I admit that of myself, I can freely and accurately distinguish ignorance and foolishness… and let me just wrap this up by stating that I don’t believe I’m the only ignorant fool in this thread who is ranting.

so you enjoy a good debate, eh? I hope I have debated to your liking, though I hardly consider this a debate. Do you think you’re any good at debating? are you a master debater? haha… i bet you are. it takes one to know one. oops… my bad… this is for all the ‘is’ i failed to capitalize… I*

…and this is for any other letter I failed to capitalize… ABCDEFGH_JKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ*

Who killed Jesus? I must fess up, we Jews did it. Didn’t mean to - it was a Pesach part that got out of hand. You know, too much Mogen David, not enough matzo.

The person who did it paid, though. He served 12 years in Unleavenedworth.

Folks, this guys obviously has mental problems, along with the most obnoxious superiority complex I’ve ever seen.

Ain’t wasting any more time with the idiot.

It’s a collection of primitive mythology, and that’s all. It’s not especially profound, and it isn’t particularly truthful. Admitting that it’s your “sole source of information regarding anything I discuss” is an admission of extreme ignorance.

He does fail pretty badly at existing.

We ARE primates, like it or not. Even if all the evidence for evolution is a Satanic Conspiracy and we were created, we were created as primates. Our anatomy and our genetics are those of a primate.

That being said, the evidence for evolution in general, and of humans descending from apes specifically, is overwhelming. You don’t like it ? Too bad; reality is not a matter of opinion.

#10. Kyle, so Jesus could take a glaive to William Donohue.

What would any of the authors of the Bible have gained through lying? What would it profit them, and why would they find it necessary to state something that wasn’t true? If John truly believe in God and followed the teachings of Jesus Christ, how would John benefit from lying about Jesus Christ, especially if John believed he would be spending eternity with Jesus?

1.) it was common practice for the Romans to break the legs of the crucified to speed the death of the crucified.

2.) a man of God does not believe that lying can be of any benefit to bringing glory to the name of God. lying is considered a sin, sin does NOT glorify God. Revelation 21:8 states that “…ALL liars will have their place in the lake of fire…”. I realize early Christians did not have the New Testament as we have it today, but nonetheless early Christians were still taught that lying was sin. That was taught BEFORE Christianity even existed in the Old Testament.

3.) Historians routinely cite Herodotus as a key source of information. He wrote from 488 B.C. to 428 B.C. and the earliest copy of his work comes from 900 A.D. (1,300 years later). There are only eight known copies of his work.

By contrast, the New Testament of the Bible (with all its information about Jesus) was written between 40 A.D. and 100 A.D. The earliest known copy is from 130 A.D. and there are 5,000 known copies in Greek, 10,000 in Latin and 9,300 in other languages(taken fromhttp://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/historical-and-scientific-proof-of-jesus-faq.htm).

4.) Faith is the greatest factor. “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see”–Hebrews 11:1.

5.) If God could speak light into existence, and be incarnated into flesh, why would there be any doubt that He could deliver the truth of the events of the life and death of Jesus with the New Testament even though it was written 70-100 years after the death of Christ? “For with God nothing shall be impossible”–Luke 1:37.

6.) There is also quite a bit of non-Christian text that mentions Jesus. The one I will mention is Tacitus’ Annals, and it says:

“But not all the relief that could come from man, not all the bounties that the prince could bestow, nor all the atonements which could be presented to the gods, availed to relieve Nero from the infamy of being believed to have ordered the conflagration, the fire of Rome. Hence to suppress the rumor, he falsely charged with the guilt, and punished Christians, who were hated for their enormities. Christus, the founder of the name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius: but the pernicious superstition, repressed for a time broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated, but through the city of Rome also, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their center and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind”(taken fromhttp://www.tektonics.org/jesusexist/tacitus.html).

The Romans were extremely anti-Christ. Why would they even mention Him, and confess that He was put to death by Ponius Pilate if Jesus Christ wasn’t crucified? Now this certainly doesn’t prove the actions of any individual soldier… but the point I’m attempting to make is that if anti-Christians didn’t deny the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, why would any one who claimed to serve and love Jesus Christ lie about the events which took place during His crucifixion?

This implies that your beliefs are based upon reason, not faith. If you beliefs were based on faith alone, it would be unnecessary for you to have a reason for what you believe; faith requires no proof, so a reason is redundant. So I can only conclude that your faith is weak, and requires additional support for you to maintain your belief; that is why you need a reason to to believe Jesus is lord. If you had faith as small as a mustard seed, you would need no reason.

You may not be a liar, but you are mistaken.

Well, just not being aware of the difference of human and apes descending from a common ancestor from humans descending from the apes is enough evidence to show that you are an ignorant.

To me one big test of the intelligence of others will show in their capacity to also noticing and acknowledging and dealing with contradictory evidence.

So, do you know the difference? (no, showing what **some **researches think is only going away from the consensus).

Looking at the reply to **glee **I can see that you only want to deal with beliefs and not what the evidence and the majority of researchers are currently reporting on how human evolution and biblical research are taking place. Your reply to **glee **was just made also of veiled insults. Doing a proper debate is clearly the last of your intentions.
BTW the Romans killed Jesus. And then by destroying Jerusalem they unwillingly were a factor in making Christians to become a separate group from Jews.

John to other apostles:

"Hey fellas!! The gentiles are eating this up!!! Forget the Jews!

:slight_smile: (I’m only 1/2 kidding IMHO)

Why don’t you ask Stephen King?

We have multiple breakaway boards now. Is there any way to get kanicbird and Lacunas Quell to form another one?

I nominate The Pernicious Superstition Board, after the Tacitus quote above.

Under the usual mythology, Jesus’ death was necessary. If I recall correctly, the Roman Empire killed Jesus by crucifying him. But regardless of actually killed him, it was necessary - the Pharisees and Judas were necessary to force the sacrifice. How would it have played out if the response to Jesus had been … meh? What if Pilate had said to the Pharisees: meh, get over it, I will not kill this man?

And would God please Bless the OP with capital letters and punctuation?

assuming I’m the OP, i would like to speak in the defense of said “ramblings”.

If all who posted thought that I was just rambling, I don’t believe this thread would be receiving certain attention. Not all the reply posts have been insulting. Some people ask great serious questions and actually appear interested. I believe those who ask the serious questions realize that, although I may be eccentric and quite a bit obnoxious, I am seriously attempting to witness what I believe to be the truth. I’m not just babbling incoherently, nor am I making things up off the top of my head and blurting them onto the computer screen. I didn’t come here not knowing what I was getting myself in to. I was well aware that if I stated my beliefs it would raise questions, and people would expect answers. If I was just a ranting rambler without a coherent knowledge of what I was typing about… do you think I would’ve stuck around this long?

We are all rubberneckers when we see a wreck on the road. It does not mean that the attention was gained for a good reason.

After a few checks in the rear view mirror, even we lose interest on a wreck.

Just a few months? Or just for the day the thread has been here? Either way I do not think you are aware of what really means to “stuck around this long”.

On edit: I see that even **Jesus **is upset for the wreck of the original post. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lenny Bruce:

You haven’t been posting here very long, have you? :slight_smile:

That line reminds me of this one :

Killed or not, I assume Jesus would be dead anyway, because it was a long long time ago.

Well, if he rose from the dead, he’s clearly either a zombie or a vampire. So there’s no telling how long he could last. So he’d only be technically dead.

Look! Capitalization! Excellent, and the post is not chapter length.

You are the OP. Stating that you yourself are obnoxious may not be the best way to witness. The very long comments with minimal punctuation and capitalization do tend to give the reader the impression that you are “blurting them onto the computer screen”, so it’s nice that you’re taking the extra time to edit [Cue embarrassing typographical error.]

Um…you joined yesterday. I wouldn’t like to suggest that you’re a sock or anything, although it did cross my mind when I read **Snnipe 70E’**s typographically challenged support of your position. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding what you mean.