Who Loves Xanadu?

Inspired by this thread, who likes the movie Xanadu? Y’know, the 1980 movie starring Olivia Newton-John and, um, that guy who plays Sonny Malone, and has the happy ELO music?

I get made fun of every time I say I like it. Yes it’s fluff, but it’s fluff of the best kind. C’mon, admit it!

Oh, it’s great. *Suddenly, the wheels are in motion / And I-I-I-I I am ready sail any ocean… *

I just need to be thoroughly stoned to watch it. :eek:

• s.e.

I loved it, except that sucky stuff in between the songs. :smiley:

I have always loved that movie!

My kids think I’m weird.

I will NOT admit to liking that movie.

Well…okay, you guys can keep a secret right?

Way back when it first appeared on HBO after its theatrical run, I saw it EVERY single time it came on.

My favorite scene is where what’s his name and Gene Kelly are talking about their competing visions for the club, and the jazz band and The Tubes start out sounding so different and then merge perfectly.

My first exposure to the Tubes.

I wonder if it’s available on DVD?

My neon lights will shine for you, Xanadu.

[sub]Actually, I’ve never seen the movie… but I do like the songs[/sub]

Yep

By definition, I love everything with Olivia Newton-John.

She became popular when I was about 12 years old.

Let’s see, 12 year old boy going through puberty, hot Aussie singer with a sexy voice. Yeah, that works. :smiley:

Michael Beck, his name was Michael Beck. Ahhh, I don’t know anyone else who could pull off the line as well:

“I decided I’d rather be crazy than hungry!” :smiley:

Hmm. Eight-year-old pre-pubescent gayboy. Why did I like her so much? Was it preparation for the diva syndrome? :wink:

• s.e.

Following on from the thread on backwards masking and The Electric Light Orchestra.

Hidden on Xanadu by those naughty ELO boys: “Don’t be afraid of the devil!” Not once, but twice. I think they took delight in having this on the same record as Sir (now Saint) Cliff Richard.

Still think it’s fluff? :smiley: