Who out of the X-men would win a battle to the death?

Wolverine is overrated and should be one of the first X-men to go down in any scenario.

If Cyclops were to just use his optic blast at full power on Wolvie it’d shear all of his flesh off. I don’t care what you say, he ain’t regenerating jack when his organic matter is collecting flies and sprouting maggots on a wall. I’m sure we could find similar methods for several other X-Men to beat him.

Unfortunately it always comes down to the writer going “But he’s sooo popular, he’ll just bounce around like Michael Jackson with the runs until he hits someone” because they can’t work out a reasonable way for him to beat anyone with more offensive oriented powers (he’s got claws people, that’s it).

I like Wolvie BTW, but since the eighties he’s undergone the same “He’s unbeatable!!” metamorphosis that Batman did, only it’s hell of a lot harder for me to swallow.

Just remember Storm is very claustrophobic. She might be killed but her subconcious could have whipped up a killer storm by then. This happened when Dr. Doom made her into a living statue. So, the winner leaves the room only to find themselves in a tornado the size of Baltimore.

The Beast is incredably agile, and very strong. Xavier trained all the X-Men on how to resist mental control. He knows the others weaknesses, like Cyclops need to recharge. He has worked with some serious heavyweights, and learned some interesting strategies.I think his combination of brains and brawn make him a tough competitor.

Deathbird ran him completely through with a spear once.

I’d give it to Phoenix right now. Anyone reading New X-Men? See what she did to the White Queen? An experienced telepath? Yeah, if Jean wants to take the others down, she can.

I could see Iceman taking it if he was fast enough - instantly freezing everyone in the room on the spot and quickly killing Jean with an ice spear. The only problem there is (if he were even alive) I’m not sure if Iceman could take Colossus once he was in his metallic form, and there’s still Kitty Pryde to watch out for.

And despite the fact that Jean can take her, I think the White Queen would be a good one to let in on this. Telepathy and organic diamond skin would let her stand up against most people on the list. And how about Juggernaut? He’s part of the team now, and unless two or more other X-Men teamed up to get his helmet off him, no one could stop him.

It’s been a while since I read X-books, but I thought Jean Grey (post Phoenix force) had telepathy but not mind control. thought she was telekinetic and could read minds. Has this changed?

In this scenario, I pick Shadowcat. The phase thing could pick them off one by one.

I also pick Shadowcat. Even if Iceman is quick enough to ice things over, Shadowcat will already be phases becase, as I undertand, he natural form id to be phased, and she actually has to concentrate to be solid. She just flys around and phases peopel’s brains out of their bodies, or them into the floor, or what have you. (she can fly, right? Or at least float, seeing as otherwise she’d always plumment straight through everything when phased.)

With an honest writer:
If you pick the Phoenix version of Jean Grey, the fight lasts about 1 second as everybody but Shadowcat gets toasted in a mini-nova that sterilizes several blocks, if not the county. Phoenix then compels Shadowcat to materialize, and Kitty Pryde joins the Choir Invisible.

If Jean Grey is at her normal power levels, then I would say that she and Cyclops would team up (unless extreme mind control is involved, there is no way these two are going after each after), and those two will win.

Cyclops is vastly underrated as a character. He is extremely tough-minded and a quick thinker (read X-Men 59, the last of Neil Adams’ Sentinel trilogy, as proof for both of these points). When Cyclops strides into the Sentinels’ chamber, having left Jean Grey and Hank McCoy behind as rear guards because the fate of all mutantkind is at stake, running low on power because he has trashed a couple of Sentinels, and then yells a defiant challenge at more than a dozen Sentinels, he is tougher than Wolverine, tougher than Bond, tougher than Tarzan, tougher than Superman, and maybe tougher than Doc Savage.

If the slimy hacks at Marvel had the honesty of the average Enron executive, they would acknowledge that Wolverine, by Marvel’s own standards, is no tougher physically than Captain America and Daredevil. And healing factor and adamantium claws be damned, Spider-Man takes him out in 30 seconds. As for Wolvie’s mental toughness, reread the Phoenix Saga. Who gets in a funk after meeting Proteus? And who gets that character out of that funk?

But NOOOOO, the “House of Ideas” has to sacrifice whatever integrity it has left, and Wolverine takes on anybody. I keep waiting for the one-shot where Wolverine will find some way to trash Galactus.

Spider-Man hops in, kicks all their butts, and hops out again.

Ref: Secret Wars

Well, I believe that the metal on on his body only covers the skin, albeit completely. If SC were to put her hands thru the metal part into his brain, turn her hand semi solid, there goes Colossus.

Anyway, I feel it would be either Havok or Synch. Havok is pretty much powered by Solar Energy/Light, so as long as the lights are on he is sufficiently powered. He wears a special black suit to dampen his energy powers or else they would constantly come out of him from everywhere in his body. Therefore, he need only take off his suit and he would basically annilihate anybody.

Another vote is for Synch. His power is to adapt the powers of other mutants, apparently being able to use their powers much better. In an issue of Generation X, he adapts Jubilee’s powers to level a city block or two, something jubilee could NEVER do before.

The only real threat would be rogue or colossus. He would adapt Rogue’s powers(What would happen if someone were to use her powers against her?) and he would also just adapt Colussus’s powers too.

So, it’s a tie between Havok and Synch for me.

[hijack]
How is Wolverine harder to swallow in not being easily beaten? I mean, yes his powers are not believable, but Batman is just too damn difficult for a human. Wolverine has a abnormally high healing factor and unbreakable claws, animal like senses and reflexes, and Batman is a human who is trained to perfection, who should win in a realistic fight? But who would really win?

Note: she can’t use both powers at the same time. And while diamond form seems like Collosus-level protection, it doesn’t give her super-strength or anything. The recent incident in the comic with her

[spoiler]is too soon to call. We have no idea how it was done, or even if its permanent. And while the title of the arc is “murder in the mansion” there’s very little reason to think that Emma is dead, or at least that she’ll remain dead, since she has her own limited series coming out soon![spoiler]

Current Rogue is non-invincible, but can (with limited degree of control) take on the powers of anyone she’s ever absorbed.

I’d say that including a Phoenix-powered Jean is cheating (not to mention, boring). She’s still pretty powerful otherwise, but some of her teamates can probably resist, having been trained to do just that. In Ultimates continuity, Wolvie is pretty much immune to Jean’s powers.

Cyclops is, as people often forget, probably the best in hand to hand skills, at least holding even to Wolvie. Unfortunately, others might just be faster and stronger than him (Wolvie and Beast). With his visor off, however, pretty much no one could stand up to a direct blast.

Gambit could make the entire room explode, if given enough time. :slight_smile:

I haven’t read that many x-men, but I was a big fan of the series a few years ago. But to my knowledge, doesn’t Cyclops use solar power for his beam… SO wouldn’t being in a huge box rule that out… So there he goes. Storm-Gone. jubilee-Gone. etc… And I think that all the other X-men would have been so sick of Wolverines constant bitching and whining an pining after Jean they would all team up and kill him. Then, left to fight each other, i think it would come down to Rouge and Colossus, who would stand in a corner and wait till everone else was done. And Rouge would win this fight. Rouge isn’t my favourite X-man, but I think she would win in this type of scenario.

Here’s a question… Which character, from the X-men series would win in a huge fight? This includes the sentinels and the Brotherhood of Evil mutants and so on… My money’s on Apocolypse, but let’s count him out (kind of unfair).

It would either be The Cosmic Phoenix, Synch or Rogue. The first one because she could incinerate anybody who tried to fight her.
The second two, because they adapt/absorb your powers, the second of the two being able to adapt the power and then improve it. So, they would be as strong/stronger as anything tossed against them.

As nice as all these theories are about Synch and Rogue are, they’ve both had their asses handed to them by minor villians many a time. So why would they necessarily win against fellow X-Men?

Perhaps the villians powers were not powerful enough for them to be able to make good use of their absorbed powers. They could’ve also been facing a villian whos abilities are not power based in nature.

They are only as good as the people who have powers their around. Synch is also a pretty new hero(both in age and combat expirince), so it would be assumable he wouldnt make the best decisons sometimes. Factor in the fact the villian might’ve been getting beat by Spiderman or Wolverine, who have predictable powers.

Synch may be able to use his or hers powers beyond the villians level, that doesn’t mean he knows how to properly utilize them the fullest or have years of experince using them, unlike the villian. With people like the X-Men, who he’s been around with a lot from Gen. X and other series, he has much more experince with fro being in the training room.

Rules: Fight to the death.
Implication: None of the x-men have anymore alliances. They dont trust the person they see as their former friends and comrades and will fight to survive. Everyone is ready to fight as soon as they enter the room.

Situation: Danger Room.

First person to realize that everyone is being manipulated is the only psychic. Jean Grey is completely on the defensive and trying to immobilize not kill. Her best option is gather allies and Cyclops is her best bet. In the ensuing chaos however, she needs to take care of the most phsically strong but poorly defended mentally. She takes out Colossus, Beast and Archangel. She will try to take care of Rogue before she realizes the explosive Blizzard Storm brings up. When she tries to redirect her attacks to Storm, Rogue kills her.

Rogue turns to take on Storm. The danger room does not have enuf air space for storm to reach her full storm powers and she cannot out fly Rogue. Just as Rogue corners Storm, superhard needlesharp Glacial spikes penetrate her torso and as she crashes down onto the floor, Iceman, unfettered and strenghtend by the cold, moves in on Storm for the kill. He is fried by Storms lightning.

Meanwhile, Cyclops is keeping everyone at bay with rapid shots of his beam. Jubilee is taken easily but shadowcat is not that easy. The indoor blizzard is making visibility very poor and Cyclops never sees wolverine as he sinks his claws into Scott’s heart.

Shadowcat is trying to recover from the workout Cyclops made her go thru. She is very worried about her former teacher, wolverine, but a bamf and the smell of brimestone takes her by surprise as she appears at the top of the danger room heading for a very sharp sensor probe. She grabs nightcrawler and phases thru the spike with him. Then she lets him go.

A gust of icy cold wind sends Shadowcat into a tornado in the middle of the room. Nothing to hold on to, she phases thru the wind but the cold immediately envelopes her. When she momentarily solidifies, a crack of thunder is the last thing she heard.

Storms lightning is not as potent as it is outside, not for someone like Wolverine. The metallic properties of the walls prevent any accurate strike and wolverine is hugging the walls. The cold does not affect wolverine and he is quick enuf for storm not to consider a direct attack. All she could do is stay airborne with her winds, away from those adamantium claws while she commands the blizzard to whip wolverine raw. As the winds swirl around her to keep her aloft, she suddenly recognizes cards flying around her. energized playing cards. Multiple explosions rip storm apart.

The air inside the danger room becomes still. The last men standing eye each other. Each have beaten the other before. At his peak, wolverine is no match for Gambit but he’s had a good workout and the cajun slyly hid in the backgound while the others killed each other. A drawn out battle with him now would mean a tie at best or wolverine dead. The Cajun smiles at his good fortune. Wolverine snarls but suddenly stops and sniffs. Now he smiles. A bluff from wolverine? Gambit knows enuf never to play poker with this man. He just sets his guard as wolverine explodes from his stance and was instantly slashing claws towards gambits face. Gambit parrys logans arms with his baton. A quick jab at logans neck hits nothing but air as Logan twists out of its path. The strikes and counterstikes continue in rapid succession as each move is evaded by the other. Each blow comes dangerously close but none hit their mark with any lethality.

Then a scrape of floor mixed in with leftover ice is flung by claw into gambits face. A quick defensive twirl of the baton while gambit quickly regains his vision. Only air contacts the stick. Gambit looks around and Logan is nowhere in sight. The room is deafeningly quiet. Gambit can only hear his own heart beat. There is no place for wolverine to hide …except

A near invisible shadow tells Gambit something is falling silently right on top of him. A quick instinctive thrust straight up with the adamantium spike released from its tip hits flesh and runs thru it. Gambit looks up and sees Rogues surprised face as his baton goes thru Rogues body. She was still alive. For a moment, Renee forgets about the battle as he lays Rogue down. She weakly touches Gambits face with her ungloved hand.

Gambit couldnt move as Wolverine drops down from the wall and deftly beheads Gambit and Rogue.

I thin you are all still ignoring Shadowcat. The ONLY thing she has to worry about if Jean Grey; and Jean is not nearly the offensively-powered telepath that, say, Professor X is. AFter that she can take her liesure time. I don’t believe lightning or cold will affect her one whit. Logical or not, I she should be immune to lasers and suchthings, so Scott can do nothing. She can pick them off one by one.

Unless of course, Phoenix is there, in which case she simply blasts the whole group. But then, including demigods in a cagematch is somewhat of bad business.

AFAIK, Havok is powered by cosmic rays which can penetrate the Earth. Unless that room has some kind of Shi’ar patented-cosmic ray blocking technology (maybe some specialized cell the The Vault), Havok should be powered.

IIRC Colossus isn’t just covered in metal. He becomes a living breathing metal being. I think the term they used was “organic metal”.

I think Havok’s gotten better at controlling his powers and doesn’t wear the black suit anymore. Unfortunately for him Cyclops is immune to his solar blasts. Actually they are each immune to the other’s blasts. They have fought before and no matter how much they blast away at each other no damage is done to either by the blasts. So assuming the other X-mean have been taken out it would come down to a hand to hand fight between the two and Cyclops is the better fighter.

Does Synch count as an X-men? Cause if he does then you could also through in Warlock. He could just infect everyone with his techo-virus and take them all out.

I’ll put my money on Longshot. People would basically forget about him until the final few are left. He avoids some attacks, slips on a wet spot created by the melting body of a now dead Iceman. This causes him to fall, just as Wolverine launches an attack. Wolverine misses, slices through a metal pole. The pole falls, knocking Cyclops on the back of the head. The glasses come flying off, Cyclops rays shoot out unabated, slicing everyone in half. As Cyclops searches for his glasses, he walks off of a ledge and falls 50 feet to his death.

It’s all about the luck.