Who puts on the condom?

[QUOTE=Darth Vader’s Little Pal]
Open your mind, BrattiAtti. IIRC the suggestion to add a drop of lube in the receptacle end is even included on the condom-application instructions in the package. Anything to improve comfort and pleasure is a good thing, right?

That said, I’ve never done it, nor been asked to. But would be happily willing. If the condoms are lubed anyway, I don’t see how an extra drop will be more likely to cause slippage.
[/QUOTE]

I had visions of the condom sticking to me and slipping right off him. Since he was sleeping with multitudes of Street Kids in downtown Portland (at least two others while he was rooming in my apartment), I thought about things like slippage a bit more seriously than I had previously.
When the cops posted notices about a bad batch of heroin floating around, and having already met several shooters there, this small-town girl realized the city was not as beautifully glamorous as she’d thought. While visions of HIV and Hepatitis C danced through their heads…

[QUOTE=BrattiAtti]
I had visions of the condom sticking to me and slipping right off him. Since he was sleeping with multitudes of Street Kids in downtown Portland (at least two others while he was rooming in my apartment), I thought about things like slippage a bit more seriously than I had previously.
[/QUOTE]
Thus the decision not to sleep with him makes perfect sense… :eek:

Whoever wants to. I’ve never had a problem putting them on myself. If a partner puts one on for me thats great too. As long as a condom ends up on me and/or my partner all is good.

Every guy I’ve ever been with has put the condom on himself, and frankly it never occurred to me to do it. If I were asked to do so, though, I’d at least try it. What’s the harm, after all? I always have lots of condoms anyway, though at the rate I’m going, my current stockpile will expire long before they would be used. :frowning:

[QUOTE=Antinor01]
And they should, the filthy buggers.

[/QUOTE]

They go from port to port!

It doesn’t much matter to me. Normally, he puts it on, but if asked, I’m more than happy to do so for him.

[QUOTE=bouv]
My first GF that I was involved with “in that way” usually put it on when we first started, just because she was quite experienced comapred to my no experience. But due to a combo factor of her having long nails, and me being…umm…larger than average, we had an unusually high occurance of breakage, so I put them on after. Once I started buying the larger-sized ones, she was able to put them on without having to use her nails to strech it, thus negating the cause of the breaking.

Pretty much I put them on with my future partners, because I was the one who had them. It really doesn’t matter. If any guy is turned-off because she did/didn’t put them on herself, or did/didn’t let him put it on, he’s a moron and not worth sleeping with.
[/QUOTE]

Long live Magnums, eh?

My memory is hazy, since it has been so long. But it seems as if I always put my onw on.

Huh. I always assumed that everyone goes by the girl puts the condom on the guy. I mean, it’s way, way sexier that way, right?

[QUOTE=Carlyjay]
Huh. I always assumed that everyone goes by the girl puts the condom on the guy. I mean, it’s way, way sexier that way, right?
[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

So, um. How are you doin?

[QUOTE=Carlyjay]
Huh. I always assumed that everyone goes by the girl puts the condom on the guy. I mean, it’s way, way sexier that way, right?
[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which I saw a program a while back (HBO?) where in a sex class the instructor was teaching the ladies to put condoms on using only their mouths.
I’m in. :smiley:

I always thought of it as a “who goes down first” sort of question.
AKA “who’s in the biggest hurry?”

I’ve never been the one to put the condom on my guy. I’m really really nearsighted, so I’d have to have it like six inches from my face to make sure I had the “right” side going on him. I can’t imagine putting one on with my mouth - I’m not a fan of the taste of rubber and lube!

[QUOTE=Anaamika]
They go from port to port!
[/QUOTE]

They’re not the ones you need to worry about. It’s the ones who go from port to starboard who are the problem! :smiley:

[QUOTE=Avarie537]
I’ve never been the one to put the condom on my guy. I’m really really nearsighted, so I’d have to have it like six inches from my face to make sure I had the “right” side going on him.
[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry, I’m not seeing the problem here…

[QUOTE=Malacandra]
They’re not the ones you need to worry about. It’s the ones who go from port to starboard who are the problem! :smiley:
[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t that be from aft to fore?

[QUOTE=Telperien]
Wouldn’t that be from aft to fore?
[/QUOTE]

:smiley:

Any port in a storm…

I’ve always put them on for myself. It seems to be less fuss. I’ve never known anyone who’d even think of putting them on with her mouth, and it was tricky enough to do it myself… maybe it was that whole larger-size thing, although I’ve only ever seen them in one-size-fits-all. (Insert joke about Winston Churchill and wartime supplies to Russia here.)

[QUOTE=Malacandra]
:smiley:

Any port in a storm…

[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as one is cleared to dock there, it’s all fine.

[QUOTE=whole bean]
Only sailors wear condoms, baby.
[/QUOTE]

loved it.

[hijack] So when do you put them on? I mean, it seems like you’d kind of interrupt the er, flow of things by stopping to put one on. How do you do it . . . gracefully? [/hijack]