Who the hell is Mr. Falcon?

Disappointingly, the last time I saw Johnny D. on TV, they replaced most of Moroni’s tortured cursing with cleaner versions. I mean, what’s the point of his character if he can’t curse?

You should have seen Full Metal Jacket on TNT.

Who said that? Who the heck said that? Who’s the slimy little communist twit twinkle-toed locksucker down here, who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh?! The fairy flipping godmother said it! Out-flipping-standing! I will P.T. you all until you flipping die! I’ll P.T. you until you rascals are sucking buttermilk.

There’s the TV cut of “Lethal Weapon” and the scene where Mel Gibson is yelling “I’m pissed, I’m really pissed” - except he dubbed in “miffed”. Has anyone actually ever used the word “miffed” in a real conversation? Ever?

Even better, just cut the audio during the offensive word.

(Or best of all, do nothing. It’s just words, fer Christ’s sake)

Goodness, Euty, you’re just now noticing this? For almost a decade now, I’ve been using Mister Falcon as a euphimism.

I first heard it in the first Die Hard film. And it was even sillier in that one. The voice change in that film was to a high, nasal tone. (The scene near the end, when Hans has Holly, and John has the gun taped to his back.) Had me on the floor laughing.

The network TV version, before anyone nitpicks that post to death.

My favorite of these is the dubbing of Jackie Gleason’s character in the Smokey and the Bandit movie. They basically grabbed the guy that does Fred Flintsone’s voice to dub him. Just awful sounding.

I also saw a TV version of Die Hard 2 where McClane says, “Yippe kai yay, my friend” – duller, but not quite as ridiculous.

Oh how I love little Catholic Ireland’s [sup]tm[/sup] national network TV stations, RTE1 and 2.

They have a policy not to cut anything. The also try to source the theatrical print were available.

Cunt, motherfuck etc are never cut out and shown once it’s after the watershed time of 21:00.

I actual favour the “melon farmer” cut of Repo Man. It’s very funny and because the director was involved the actual actors recorded the words and they were sync’d in very well.

Yeah? Well All You Guys Can Go Forget Yourselves!

I think this discussion belongs in Cafe Society, safely away from all the melon farming vikings and fargin iceholes who hang around the Pit.

As for the OP, my favorite stupid tv edit was when they used to show the movie “Weird Science” on tv and changed the phrase “I’d like to butter your muffin” to “I’d like to better know you, muffin”. WTF?

I’d pit you for moving my thread here (I mean, give me a break … this is about as pissy as I ever get) but then I figured that thread would probably just end up getting moved to MPSIMS anyway. :smiley:

Don’t be blue. I’m sure the Falcons will do better next year.

When they played American History X on USA they replaced every instance of “fuck” with “heck”. The imagery of a gang of skinheads all saying “heck” just didn’t really work.

I am eagerly awaiting the network-safe, Bowdlerized version of Deadwood. Virtually every sentence uttered will need to be rewritten. It’ll be a whole 'nother show. I expects lots of references to “cornshuckers.”

“Hand me the keys, you fuzzy sock-sucker!”

(this was actually a cable channel doing a parody of network TV overdubs, though)