Who was the most beautiful celebrity of the 1950s-1960s?

Before putting up a poll on that topic, I’m inviting nominees from that Celebrity class who were active and visible in that period. Movies, TV, magazines, whatever.

Links to their pictures would be great if you can do that.

After we gat a good sized group, I’ll put up a poll. Try to hold your nominee(s) to 5 or fewer.

Grace Kelly

Julie Christie

Francoise Hardy

Audrey Hepburn.

The patron saint of the SDMB, Hedy Lamarr.

Brigitte Bardot

Here are some faces to evaluate:

Beautiful Women In the 1950s

Beautiful Women In the 1960s

Marilyn Monroe
Ava Gardner
Sophia Loren

That’s Hedley! :wink:

ETA: I’ve always been partial to Diana Rigg. I think I’ll have to re-watch some of my Avengers* DVDs.

*Steed and Emma: the real Avengers, by God.

Elizabeth Taylor

In no particular order:-
Marilyn, Brigitte, Jane (Fonda), plus any I’ve forgotten :smiley:
Jayne Mansfield wasn’t bad either…

Natalie Wood, circa THE GREAT RACE.

Natalie Wood

Aaack… Ninja’d!

Catherine Deneuve

Nichelle Nichols was beyond beautiful in Star Trek

Photographic beauty isn’t necessarily the same thing as genuine beauty. Audrey Hepburn is a good looking woman, for sure, but in still photographs, she’s really not all that. She looks a lot better when you see her moving and interacting with people.

In the same way, Barbara Bain really knew what she was doing in Mission: Impossible, though I don’t know that she really stands out as the top of the top if you just look at her photos.

Take your pick

The 101 Most Beautiful Classical Actresses

Excellent list! Nice photos as well. I doubt we’ll use all 101 of them, though.:slight_smile:

I had eyes for Donna Douglas and Elizabeth Montgomery when I was a wee lad. Watching their parts in the old Twilight Zone episodes reinforces those memories.

Sophia Loren.

It’s weird ranking women who are old enough to be your mother or grandmother. That being said, I’ll suggest a few for nomination that haven’t been mentioned yet.

Jean Simmons.

Debra Paget

Ann Margret