Who was the most beautiful FEMALE celebrity of the 1950s-1960s?

See …

Who was the most beautiful celebrity of the 1950s-1960s?
… for background of this poll

Comments welcomed here or in that other thread. ONE VOTE – anonymous – in this poll.

The list:

Pier Angeli
Barbara Bain
Brigitte Bardot
Ingrid Bergman
Capucine

Claudia Cardinale
Charo
Julie Christie
Dorothy Dandridge
Catherine Deneuve

Donna Douglas
Jane Fonda
France Gall
Ava Gardner
Lesley Gore

Francoise Hardy
Goldie Hawn
Rita Hayworth
Audrey Hepburn
Grace Kelly

Hedy Lamarr
Gina Lollobrigida
Sophia Loren
Jayne Mansfield
Ann Margret

Marilyn Monroe
Elizabeth Montgomery
Mary Tyler Moore
Nichelle Nichols
Maureen O’Hara

Debra Paget
Suzy Parker
Michelle Phillips
Vanessa Redgrave
Diana Rigg

Diana Ross
Katherine Ross
Jane Russell
Jill St. John
Romy Schneider

Jean Seberg
Edie Sedgwick
Jean Shrimpton
Jean Simmons
Sabine Sinjen

Elizabeth Taylor
Marlo Thomas
Sylvie Vartan
Raquel Welch
Natalie Wood

Dana Wynter

============================================

Poll on the way…

Progress report after first instance of more than one vote per celebrity:

View Poll Results: Who was the most beautiful FEMALE celebrity of the 1950s-1960s?
This poll will close on 05-19-2016 at 08:14 AM

Natalie Wood        2 22.22% 

Lesley Gore         1 11.11% 
Audrey Hepburn      1 11.11% 
Grace Kelly         1 11.11% 
Sophia Loren        1 11.11% 
Marilyn Monroe      1 11.11% 
Jean Shrimpton      1 11.11% 
Elizabeth Taylor    1 11.11% 

Voters: 9

Picked Lesley Gore.
Is this thread an excuse to post photos? Why thank you.

Excellent excuse! Nice pics, as well. Thanks.

(The parent thread had bunches of pictures, but not everybody on this poll had a picture. Posting a pic of your choice might persude others who may be “on the fence” about a Final Choice.)

I voted for Jean Shrimpton.

You know how sometimes you see pictures of women who were considered beautiful in their days and you can sort of see why but not quite ? Sure, they look very good but trends have changed and you think you could easily find dozens of prettier girls just walking down any big city street ?

Well, Jean Shrimpton is the opposite of that. She’d have been considered stunningly beautiful in any decade. A timeless beauty.

Pier Angeli, Jane Russell, Rita Hayworth, Michelle Phillips and Edie Sedgwick also stand out in my opinion.

Audrey’s the gal to beat, it would seem:

====================================

View Poll Results: Who was the most beautiful FEMALE celebrity of the 1950s-1960s?

Audrey Hepburn       4 21.05% 

Brigitte Bardot      2 10.53% 
Grace Kelly          2 10.53% 
Jean Shrimpton       2 10.53% 
Natalie Wood         2 10.53% 

Catherine Deneuve    1 5.26% 
Lesley Gore          1 5.26% 
Hedy Lamarr          1 5.26% 
Sophia Loren         1 5.26% 
Marilyn Monroe       1 5.26% 
Katherine Ross       1 5.26% 
Elizabeth Taylor     1 5.26% 

Voters: 19

Grace Kelly. Although now I’ve seen Jean Shrimpton…

I can’t help feeling you’re missing the point of beautiful women.

I voted for Audrey Hepburn because I didn’t know who Jean Shrimpton was but I can see your point. She reminds me of another one not on the list - Jaqueline Bisset who is also gorgeous.

Very true. Another who didn’t make this first pass list is Jennifer O’Neill but then she was more of a 1970s star. Maybe we need a 1970s-1980s version of this thread? Anybody?

Which is…?

One needs to see a woman act or hear her speak to appreciate her beauty, so still pictures often are of little use. (Sometimes I get infatuated with an actress, click to Google Images and am unimpressed with the pictures.) And tastes do differ, obviously. I’d never heard of Jean Shrimpton, clicked, and, frankly, feel that I see more attractive women at the local 7-Eleven! :wink:

I’m a Marilyn Monroe fan and wonder if she’s under-appreciated just because she’s become such a cliché. Here are a few pictures of this beautiful woman. But still images don’t do her justice. Watch her sing “Girl from Little Rock”. Jane Russell is a very pretty girl also, but can’t compete with Marilyn in that film.

My default answer would be Elizabeth Taylor. Unfortunately all of her various tragedies and illnesses during those years reflected on her face, so she ranged from beautiful to stressed out depending on what year it was.

I’m going with Catherine Deneuve. Not only does she have the requisite beauty, but of everyone on the list, only she and Bridgette Bardot were ever official national symbols of France!

Beauty is very subjective. All of the women on the list are attractive enough, and a decision is not as clear cut as one would think.

All of that being said, the most beautiful woman on that list for my money is Sofia Loren.

Yvette Mimieux

With a list this large, it may have needed a first and second round with multiple votes on the first go-around. More like your movie polls maybe?

Sofia Loren all the way. You just know she’d never go for the whole-grain, soy-cheese, veggie pizza.

It’s definitely beginning to look that way. Perhaps the “losers” in this “round” (those with no votes or maybe one) could get a second shot in a follow-up One Vote poll?

Got any suggestions for a better way?

FWIW Here’s a snapshot:

Audrey Hepburn      10 24.39% 

Grace Kelly          5 12.20% 

Sophia Loren         3 7.32% 
Marilyn Monroe       3 7.32% 
Natalie Wood         3 7.32% 

Brigitte Bardot      2 4.88% 
Catherine Deneuve    2 4.88% 
Diana Rigg           2 4.88% 
Katherine Ross       2 4.88% 
Jean Shrimpton       2 4.88% 
Elizabeth Taylor     2 4.88% 

Julie Christie       1 2.44% 
Ava Gardner          1 2.44% 
Lesley Gore          1 2.44% 
Hedy Lamarr          1 2.44% 
Jill St. John        1 2.44% 

Voters: 41

Just to keep track of the ones not on the list, in case we have some follow-up activity on these ladies.

Claudia Cardinale