Who will win the US General Election in 2016 (February Edition)

Many, many voters would trust Carson…to be the most clueless president by far since the US was founded.

I would like to change my prediction… And have a stiff drink.

Change it how, Sam? Just because Trump took Nevada?

I think that Trump is a stalking horse for someone else. He has a plan he has not revealed.

The actual next President of the USA will be… Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Seriously?

Seriously, bro?

I cannot believe how people are still in denial. Trump outperforms all the polls. The Silent majority is speaking. How can anyone not see the writing on the wall? You have to be kind of politically ignorant, or in just plain denial to not see that Trump is going to win this nomination by a very wide margin. Double digits, at least.

Trump will be the nominee. He lost Iowa, which doesn’t mean anything. He has won decisively in every contest since. Outperforming the polls, and putting egg on the faces of the loudmouthed minority in this country.

Of course, Trump being the Republican nominee is going to drive the Democrats to the polls in huge numbers. So Hillary wins.

Yes. If Hillary has the nomination sewn up by the time Missouri votes, I will be voting for Trump in the Democratic version of “Operation Chaos”. It’s not often we get a chance to run against such a total straw man as Trump.

Yes, she’s the Democratic frontrunner.

Trump should have it sewn up by then too. You should vote Carson so he looks like a good VP candidate.

Kinda hoping for Bernie, but Hilary seems the safe bet.

I wonder if Bernie would take the #2 job?

I am not in denial at all. He is likely to be the nominee if Rubio doesn’t pick up Bush supporters and people starting to leak from Cruz now that the liar thing is sticking. But read what I actually replied to. Trump can’t win if he comes in second from here on.

Heh, interesting point.

I’ve got to think he’d take it, but I seriously doubt it will be offered.

Which he won’t. After Trump wins Super Tuesday he’ll be the next President. While Hillary will be in Prisondent.

Don’t stop believin’!

Because Trump not only won Nevada…he kicked some ass there. The great Republican hope in Rubio didn’t show very well at all. Trump is now in a position to lock the damn thing up come Super Tuesday.

I voted Hillary. Not only is she a prohibitive favorite for the nomination - Sanders fans may dream but in terms of dollars, organization and institutional support Hillary wins - but the lean in the Electoral College favors the D candidates. Only Rubio has a shot at running the table - which the R candidate needs to do - and winning the college.

States in the bag for any sane D candidate:

CA - 55
CT - 7
DC - 3
DE - 4
HI - 4
IL - 20
MA - 11
MD - 10
ME - 4
MN - 10
NJ - 14
NY - 29
OR - 7
PA - 20
RI - 4
WA - 12
WI - 10

Source: 270towin.com. List of states that voted for the same party each election since 2000.

That’s 242 out of a needed 270. Flipping one state such as OH or FL and it grows towards certainty that the D candidate will win. The R candidate essentially needs a strong tailwind or an enormously bad screw up on the part of the D team to pull out a win.

The smart money is on Hillary now because she’s favored to be the nominee and the D party has the advantage to win the electoral college.

If the Republican nominee is anyone except Rubio, Clinton wins in a cakewalk. I’m not thrilled by that, since I support Bernie, but I’m being realistic. I can’t see Cruz or Trump winning the general.

If it’s Rubio - well, he’s the one that makes me the most nervous. He’s way underqualified when compared with Hillary, but he’s so much more likeable than she is. I can see him winning FL and giving her a tight run. Rubio can still win over people with a good campaign, but most people have already made up their mind about Clinton.

If I were placing a bet, it would still be Clinton over Rubio. But that’s not what I’m hoping for.

I agree with you about Hillary, Jonathan Chance, but that was my answer before Trump won Nevada. So I still don’t understand that comment.

No, I was just riffing on why Sam needs a drink. Can’t blame him with your team getting hijacked.

So Sam is a Republican, and initially picked Rubio or something?

Well, that’s essentially post #11 in this thread.