Who would make a good Green Lantern?

Oops, I’d forgotten part of the arc…Her girlfriend, Anode, definitely fits, too.

Mon-El: Ah, you get the idea.

Duck Dodgers

That would explain all the Orion Slave Girls.

Mon El? Kind of figured you for an Ultra Boy fan.

Oh, I am. But Mon-El actually did wear the ring for a while so I went with him. However, pretty much any Legionnaire would qualify as honest and without fear. As would any X-Man, Doom Patrol member, or Challenger of the Unknown.

Or 1st Grade teacher.

Thanks, I’ll have to check that out :slight_smile:

That’s an interesting subject as well, everyone is talking about Idris Elba as the new James Bond, I think he’d make a good John Stewart.

Is this the classic Kirk, or the new and unimproved jerk version? I’d trust the former with a Green Lantern Ring, I wouldn’t trust the latter with…well anything…

Thanks for the answers everyone, some really interesting choices!

::smacks forehead::

You want a guy who does bizarrely over-the-top stuff on both the Honest front and the Born Without Fear front? Well, try a secret agent who not only introduces himself by name while risking his life, but makes sure to helpfully repeat himself!

(Plus, he’s got to be the all-time champ on the other aspect: wearing a gadget that turns out to be the needed plot device du jour. I mean, yes, granted, in this case it’s because he can declare that he’s got whatever that is…)

He has to reek of 1960’s US test pilot, something of The Right Stuff. Can’t pin down any of the young-uns but I’m imagining a young Ben Cross,

Damn I was going to post just that.

On the other hand “Miles Vorkosigan” is my default answer to almost all “who would be a good X” questions.

Kal-El of Krypton. Before Krypton exploded, the Guardians gave serious consideration to the son of one of Krypton’s greatest scientific minds.

Samuel L. Jackson’s Zeus. Or a lot of other SLJ characters, for that matter.

Captain Marvel, but she doesn’t need one.

Carol Danvers or Kamila Kahn?

Kamila is not a Captain.

She’s also not a Kamila. :wink: Ms Marvel is Kamala Khan.

OK, this guys a little long in the tooth, but Al Calavicci. Hey, he’s been an astronaut and a POW. I think the “born without fear” part is covered.

Conan the Barbarian.

Well, the “fearlessness” and “willpower” parts. 'Kinda have trouble with keeping up a proper Rogue’s Gallery, though. And the “not conquering the galaxy” bit.

Several earlier posts reminded me of two real-life people who might’ve qualify: