Who's feeling sorry for themselves tonight?

Well, if you bring it down to basics like that we’re pretty much on the same page. Our clashes about drugs have generally not been about pot, as I am at least in agreement with you on that and am probably left of your position, although I’d like to hear the specifics of your opinion on it by email if you want to discuss it. I’m pretty sure I’m far to the left of your position on other drugs.

Illegals shouldn’t be here, but you know what they say: si hay azucar en la mesa, van a venir las hormigas – if there’s sugar on the table, the ants will come.*

• I did originally hear that in Spanish and had to have it translated for me at the time. I don’t remember the wording, I just back-translated it.

I feel sorry for myself on the top of each hour.

Besides the on-going stuff like my sadness about being completely detached from other people, my frustration over my asexuality, and my belief that I’m ugly and suffering from brain damage, I’m also dealing with the obsession that my boss thinks I’m stupid. And the thing is that if he does think I’m stupid, I’m not sure I disagree with him.

I’m sorry you’re feeling low. It sucks, doesn’t it?

Thank you.

Huh, I felt sad that I arranged a Dopefest at a local three day festival and nobody came. Not one person. Oh well.

The fact that you’re feeling lonely is actually a good thing. It means you remember what it’s like to not feel lonely. If it gets to the point where lonliness is just a part of the norm, and has been for years, lots of people just give up.

The guy that can affect change in your life is sitting on your couch right now. Give him a firm slap in the face, and tell him what you want to happen. Tell him to make it snappy as well.

The only thread I’ve ever started that people responded to, and it was this one!

Figures.

Anyway, it’s Monday, I’m ready for another week and the dead cat in the backyard turned out to be a possum. Not exactly a winning lotto ticket, but what the hell.

Best of luck and best wishes to everyone.

I’m lonely as well, can I join the club?

Never had a girlfriend, the thought makes me depressed no matter where I am and what I’m doing. I worked hard and have lost 40 pounds, of course it makes no difference socially for me. Are there personality classes I can take to make myself more interesting? I’m too shy, not social enough, have no spontinaeity, and couldn’t crack a joke with a sledgehammer.

As usual these feelings will probably pass…and then probably return as well.

:frowning: hug

I have single female friends who are going through the same thing. It’s tough. Well, not the poker or HDTV thing…

On the other hand, I’ve another friend who has been dating someone for six years now. Two years ago she bought a wedding dress, hoping it would happen (no, he hadn’t actually proposed). They have an ‘understanding’ that it will happen, but they hadn’t set the date. He still hasn’t proposed and he’s still living with his mother. It’s just not going to happen anytime soon… so, which is better? Being single and depressed about it or wishing for things that just aren’t going to happen? I don’t know. :frowning:
Tenar: Best of wishes to you as well!

I feel bad for all of you. I hope you find some happiness in your lives.