Who's missing that you really want to see on the Board?

What ever happened to manson1972? Seems to have totally disappeared, I can’t find anything about the user by searching, but I might have the year slightly wrong in the username…

~Max

I think he’s Slash1972 now.

Yup, that must be what happened. Thanks.

~Max

I am indeed okay. Just writing books. I ended my relationship with my mother,** dumped Facebook, and needed a reset. Now I’m trying to zero in on making a writing career actually happen.***

**No for real this time.
***No for real this time.

I wish you the best luck with your writing, @Spice_Weasel :blush::+1:. Writing for a career has also always been a (not so) secret dream of mine, but it’ll never happen, I’m afraid. I have accepted that I’m just not good enough.

Your disappearance from Facebook had me worried. I’m glad to know that all is well.

I thought of you recently, too. Feel free to email me.

The full details of the Mama drama are in the mini-rants thread. It’s all good.

Plenty of shitty writers are successful! So I tell myself.

I’m not shitty, I have real potential, but I’m still trying to get a grip on global structure. I’m not quite ready for prime time. It’s an incredible amount of work. Fiction writing is without question the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

Best wishes @Spice_Weasel!

Not sure who that’s been listed is still missing or has returned, but John Mace is one of those I really miss. I hope he’s doing well.

I feel you friend.
Check in occasionally. You’re missed.

I’ll add my best wishes, @Spice_Weasel . I wrote for a living, before I went back to school to become a lawyer. I’ve certainly written fiction, and I had a lot of fun in the Flash Fiction contests that used to be held here on the Dope. For me, it was a pleasant and relaxing hobby; for you, I hope it becomes something more. Good luck!

Thank you! I have a low standard of success, fortunately. I’d be thrilled with any amount of money after putting so much time into becoming a better writer. Something to show for all my effort. As a part time worker bringing in only supplemental income, I’m in a good position to give it a go with very little risk. In many ways, I’m already living the dream. I have the community, the writing tools and the support, it’s just a matter of putting myself out there.

Yeah, now that we have a kinder, gentler SDMB, it would be nice to get Una back.

Fierra hasn’t posted since 2015, and Una has only posted since 2018 in the TubaDiva thread (2020). I don’t expect to see them back.

While they aren’t totally gone, I miss the drop in posting of @Bryan_Ekers, @madmonk28, and @mhendo.

@casdave has been away for awhile. I always enjoy his perspective. UK, I believe.

Glad to hear it. Hope your son is healthy and happy, and good luck with the writing.

Adieu,

DemonTree

I keep seeing a thread title in Cafe Society that says Dexter coming back in 2021, and it keeps making me think of @C_K_Dexter_Haven and wishing he were the Dexter who would be returning.

My first time back in a while and this post was in my notifications, made my day. I just get frustrated here more quickly these days; it seems like it’s the same conversations over and over and I’m part of that problem.