Who's missing that you really want to see on the Board?

Thank you for the find.

*I made a minor edit to the quote to change to @_username

Yea, I thought of him just today. I was driving home from work and heard the radio station suddenly shift in tone. It made me remember a time he rightfully schooled me on a very basic issue that I’d boneheadedly got straight wrong 15 years ago. We’d earlier exchanged some PMs on another topic and he sent me some LEDs in a package he’d obviously hand-cut and spent some time on.

Well, to be honest, I don’t think he’ll be responding to it.
Actually, from what little I remember of him, he might.

(I’m not sure if it was discourse’s tweaking names from the old board, but his discourse name is “Q.E.D” but his (real?) name is “Q.E.D.”)

Me, too.

If you’re talking about Q.E.D., I strongly suspect he will not be returning.

Yeah, that’s who we’re talking about, and I knew that. (Wow, that long ago?) Which is why I said what I said. He was a smart guy (from what little I remember of him), and he’d probably figure out how to respond.

@Mr.Miskatonic, another long-timer ('01) also looks like he posted more or less steadily up until last post / last seen date. (Jun. 17/20)
(heh forgot to @scr4)
(again - another old-timer whom I have no clue about their posting, really)

Now @Biffy_the_Elephant_Shrew I do remember much better in the nearly six years I’ve been here from all the CS contributions. Already mentioned here? Can’t recall. Oodles of posts right up until a last post/seen date of Apr. 12, '17.

My nomination for the Jan 6 tighty righty loonies: the Coup Clucks Clan.

You’re welcome. Later, crocodile

:smile:… Welcome back

Vraiment?
C’est tout?

I miss @Leo_Bloom

Last posted March 19, 2020. He lived in New York, and that was just before Covid got really bad in New York. :slightly_frowning_face:

In some of the old threads I’ve been snooping around, been coming across some not bad posters, like @Zoe, who, again, is another “sudden disappearer”, posting like crazy right up until last post/seen date of Jan. 5, '14.

That’s what she said. And her. Couple others.

Good to hear from you. Hope you’ll drop by from time to time. The Dope is hanging in there — it’s got what I think mathematicians call a “long tail.”

Not sure if this email reply will get through but…

I wasn’t able to log in anymore after the new board went up. I tried resetting the password and no emails ever showed up.

I would have made more fuss and maybe emailed admins directly but then I had a nice bout with Cancer to deal with. (I am recovered…mostly) so it kind of slipped off my radar.

But I live.

-MM

Good news that the cancer’s almost gone, and that you can, well, log in now. :slightly_smiling_face:
This means, though, you no longer have any excuses. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, being able to reply to that email certainly helped as I finally noticed the space between Mr and Miskatonic had been removed. Kinda helps with the login.

Another oldie whose ancient posts have been catching my eye is @Captain_Amazing.

Yay! Welcome back!