Who's missing that you really want to see on the Board?

I miss WallyM7

She had another pet peeve, adoption, which she was strictly against. ZPG stands for zero population growth. All in all, a strange case.

I remembered that and was going to mention it but she semmed to keep that particular opinion under the radar unless specifically asked about it – that’s my recollection, anyway.

The handshake = rape thing she liked to bring up often. Of course, to be fair, posters would bring it up as well just to get a rise from her and, naturally, she always took the bait.

I actually do miss her. As long as the topic wasnt handshakes or children, she was a interesting poster.

We’ve had quite a few posters who were interesting and valuable members of the community as long as they stayed away from their one or two hot button issues.

Were topic-bans in the mod arsenal back then?

~Max

Topic bans go way back. There have been a number of specialized bans over time. One guy posted so many anti-President Bush posts in the Pit that he was finally only allowed one at a time on the front page.

I don’t mean a ban on creating topics, but a ban on discussing a particular topic anywhere on the board, such as YWTF and transgender issues.

~Max

I miss Reeder. His topic ban dates to '04.

PussyCow. I like the origin of her name.

I miss JohnnyLA

Evil_Captor??? had one before 2010 on bondage topics I recall.

I miss Johnny L.A. :wink:

Skald was banned from discussing anything to do with sex and relationships or something like that for years of being gross.

Him, too

@Melbourne hasn’t posted for half a year.

@Ambivalid had some well articulated viewpoints.

There’s another guy here with such a similar posting style I don’t ever miss Johnny L.A. Can’t think of his name right off hand.

I just re-noticed that a couple of weeks ago when I ran across an old post.

IIRC, he was back a few months ago and had/wanted a new user name. Can’t recall the name, but I don’t think he posted more than the one thread.

I sometimes think we should have a pinned thread where posters could drop a note before they leave. They wouldn’t have to explain anything they didn’t want to, but it would be nice to know they didn’t suddenly die. It would have to be modded for the usual “don’t let the door hit you in the ass” or “who cares?” posts that always occur in threads like that.

Not really sure it would get used a lot tho.

I’m Johnny, and I’m from L.A. Not LA, because that’s Louisiana. Discourse wouldn’t let me be Johnny L.A.

Yeah, that jogged my memory. Scotty_the_Kid:

There are hints of - uh - distractions in later posts in that thread.

j

Good recall. I’d forgotten he already posted for a few months under his new name. And he never got his name changed back even tho he said he said he was having it handled…