Who's TV Apartment Would You Like To Live In

Zyada says “If you get Laura Petrie, you also get to sleep in a twin bed.”

I don’t much care about the apartment, nice though it is, but I’d certainly take it if Emma Peel is part of the deal. Failing that arrangement, both Frasier and Niles Crane have great places, but I think I’d go for the (never-admitted) Vancouver location of MacGuyver’s place.

Well, personally, I’m in the market for a TV apartment that has a balcony view of a massive mad laboratory complex. Can someone hook me up?

I’ll take the spiffy art deco flat owned (?) by Bertie Wooster in the Frye/Laurie Jeeves and Wooster series. Or Hercules Poirot flat/office in the David Suchet Poirot series.

I’ve always had a weakness for gigantic single-room loft apartments converted from the top floor of some old office building downtown. Brick walls and ancient plank floors, so the place Jim Ellison had in The Sentinel would suit very well.

Didn’t Niles’s apartment in Frasier have a secret passageway through a bookshelf? I always wanted one of those.

Venture compound?

No, wait, I already called Dr. Orpheus’s apartment. (Dr. Venture rents a room to Dr. O, who is a necromancer. While the rest of Venture Industries is a mix of the atomic age and the worst of the seventies, Orpheus’s apartment is exactly what a necromancer gentleman would have. Lots of hardwood and finely crafted details. Fireplaces. A portal to hell in the bedroom closet. Floor-to-ceiling bookcases!)

I prefer “Who’s” as in "Dr Who’s"as in the interior of the Tardis is pretty cool looking.

Robinson Crusoe or any other bamboo-punk Swiss Family deserted island treehouse would be cool too.

With the green lamp from Giles’ apartment.

Guy’s Big Bite. From the food network. Only except I’m not a big race car fan so I’d change the race car colors to all black or a metallic blue.

pic

Speaking of Sunnydale, I remember being in envy of Xander’s improbably swank apartment. I remember it having a big, curving wall with a view, possibly some glass blocks, sort of art deco, and large. Reminded me a lot of places in the Los Feliz section of Los Angeles.

Hmmm…well, it’s got a nice “homey” feel to it, but I’m really looking for something with an enclosed lab complex, so I don’t have to see sunlight as often. (It burns us.)

Is Hank Scorpio’s base still on the market?

To be fair, depending on the peacetime deployment rotation for Colonial Viper pilots, she probably didn’t spend a lot of time in that apartment anyways. Maybe she’d offer you a sublease with a sweetheart deal if you get the Hummer detailed for her.

Mind you, around the time that Lt. Thrace was renting there, Caprica City seemed to have an unacceptably high risk level for my tastes.

I always thought Harmon Rabb’s place on JAG looked pretty nice. I don’t recall where it is located, but I think he mentioned he got a deal on it in return for agreeing to fix it up.

Also, Admiral Kirk had a pretty sweet place in San Fransisco, with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge even. Downside is you’d have to deal with all the weird folks who live in San Fransisco. Can you imagine 23rd century hippies?:smiley:

Another thought: the apartment over the bowling alley in Constantine seemed strangely charming to me. Dunno why.

Which one the first season, or the years after?

I always liked the loft in My Two Dads. Staying in NYC, Seinfield’s apartment would suit me well if the front door was double dead bolted.

Mindy’s apartment in Mork and Mindy was cool except that it would have to be somewhere other than Boulder. Same with Mary’s Minneapolis home (the one in the upstairs of the old Victorian) from Mary Tyler Moore. Too bloody cold in either city.

There are probably others, but those stick out as most favorable.

If we’re going to add homes to the mix, I’ll take Gull Cottage from The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. I can’t really imagine living in an apartment. That’s too close to other people. But if I had to, I guess I’d take Rick Castle’s place.

StG

I like Adrian Monk’s apartment, partly because it’s in San Francisco, and partly because I like his furniture. (Although I doubt that I could keep up his standards of cleanliness.)

As a second choice–the Fortress of Solitude.

I liked Dharma and Greg’s apartment.

The Year of the Dragon (1985 movie, Mickey Rourke) - the love interest had just such a place in NYC - there was a hot tub right smack in the middle of the loft! And a glass wall with a killer view of, what, the George Washington Bridge! GOD, I SWOON every time I see it. Don’t know if it was a real loft, but it did have its own credit in the closing credits…

Too rushed to look it up, but someone did architectural floor plans of famous TV pads, from Frasier’s to Fred’s. And sells them framed.

Fred Flintstone, of course.