Whose Line is it Anyway--the fat guy, the tall guy, the bald guy or the black guy?

Ryan as Carol Channing, breaking Drew’s neon.

I wouldn’t kick the Asian gal out of bed.

Mike McShane, Greg Proops, and Tony Slattery, with a special shout out to Richard Vranch on piano.

(For the poll I voted for Ryan.)

I voted for Mochrie, but really Greg Proops on the original show was tops.

Really hope we were voting on most talented, 'cause that’s what I did. Wayne Brady got my vote. Guy can sing, has great timing.

Have you people seen the Youtube videos of outtakes? Apparently in person, it was a fairly blue show, but they would edit it down to a family show. I don’t have time to find examples, but I think there are some in these blooper videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2KoSiF4Naw

Tony Slattery and Paul Merton are fantastic.

…Twiglet?

I did it as who would you do, and I say Wayne Brady if he doesn’t speak. Or if he plays the Wayne Brady he plays when he’s trying to be down.

Funniest? Richard Simmons.

Oh it’s tough to choose between Ryan or Colin, but I went with Colin. Because he is certifiably, insanely, funny in almost everything he does on that show. Ryan can sometimes get a bit samey, but some of the things Colin did are just… completely from left field. Not even left field… out of the ballpark, beyond the parking lot…

THE CAT!

I still prefer the UK version by leaps and bounds, though. I’d say Greg Proops is my second favorite of all time; just loved his interaction with Clive Anderson. And I must also join in the applause with Chip Esten, Paul Merton (even though he was sometimes too “meta” for my taste), Mike McShane, Josie Lawrence and Tony Slattery. Another often underrated favorite: Jim Sweeney. And ooh, what about Sandi Toksvig?

I am absolutely floored by the results I just assumed Wayne Brady would be first, with Stiles second and Colin Mochrie getting maybe one or two votes if he happens to have any relatives on the SDMB.

I vote Mochrie, simply because he deadpans better than the others and that always kills me.

Waynes the best at impromptu singing. But Colin is a genius and can pull out comedy gold sometimes when he’s in the zone.

LOVE the show.

Linky to the Richard Simmons segment. The funniest thing on TV ever. I’ve made money betting people they can’t watch it without laughing.

I read an interview with Colin where he states it was the funniest thing done on Whose Line, that the audience was literally falling out of their chairs laughing.

Can I submit negative votes for Drew Carey? Dear God, the man sucks like a black home of comedy. His British counterpart, Clive Anderson, was not only funnier but had enough good sense to stay behind the desk.

Forced to pick an individual I went for Ryan, although it’s the Ryan-Colin interaction that really does me in.

Colin. The Ryan/Colin stuff is the best stuff on the show, but Colin by himself comes up with some fabulous, ridiculous stuff and I think he’s funny as hell. Ryan’s better at voices and impersonations, but Colin has just enough screws loose to come up with pure funny almost all the time.

I would have lobbied for Proops until I went to see him do stand-up – Schindler’s List was funnier.

I came in to mention Tony. I miss the British show so much.

ETA: But from among the choices in the poll, I went with Colin. Drew shouldn’t even be on there, he’s pathetic when he tries to join in the games.

They’ve released a two-disk “best of” that apparently has both Richard Simmons and the one where Ryan hit his head. (And is it sad or cool that we all know exactly what “the one where Ryan hit his head” means and start giggling reflexively?)

Guess y’all know what I’m getting myself for Christmas this year, eh?

Colin’s Canadian.

Vote Colin.

I went to a taping in person for the American version once. I will say that even those guys being that funny gets very tiring after 3.5 hours of sitting in the same chair, and of course, there’s a lot that gets cut from TV because it isn’t as funny.

But then, there’s some stuff that got cut because it was a tad too raunchy for TV. :slight_smile:

Wow. I came in to say that Mr. Proops is responsible for the hardest I’ve ever laughed in my life, when I saw him at the Punchline here in San Francisco.