Why are you a Cat?

Help me remember all the cats:

Kat
Gr8Kat
OpalCat
Diane has that kitten in her sig line, right?
Aren’t there some more I’m forgetting?

Who are the other cats on this bbs? Do you all have secret meetings to talk about cod liver oil vs. calf’s liver?

Sorry, I’ve got cats on the brain. My mother showed me a computer program which makes a cat walk around on your computer screen and look into a fishbowl. Plus, I met a cat last night on a walk around my neighborhood. Very friendly. I wanted to catnap it. Not really. Plus, I miss my cats who died a couple of years ago.

Nothing I write about any person or group should be applied to a larger group.

• Boris Badenov

I just relate to cats in a special way. :slight_smile:

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

Mine is a nickname my dad gave to me when I was a little girl.

>^,^<
KITTEN
Seven days of sex makes a whole week.

Say, Diane, does the rest of your sig have anything to do with your dad?

I was considering being a Cat, until I saw how many there already were. (I was tossing around “BlackCat”. In retrospect, maybe I should’ve…)

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!

Nah, neuro, you’ve got one of the better UNs workin’ the Board.

A relatively new cat here. I usually have cats in my usernames; just sort of fell into the habit back in my AOL days (lo these many years ago.) This name is because all my cats have been mutts – or as some people say, randombred.

Catrandom

Thanks Catrandom. Your name was on the tip of my tongue and now it’s been released. Freedom! Plus I like mongrel cats the best. I had two. They died. Did I mention I miss them?

( Not looking at other posts )

Well, why are you a human? :wink:

“Oh we were brought up on the Space-Race, now they expect us to clean toilets. When you have seen how big the world is how can you make do with this?”
Pulp, “Glory Days”

I like cats. And I like Dr. Seuss. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Never attribute to malice anything that can be attributed to stupidity.
– Unknown

My name is Katheryn, and I love cats :slight_smile: Also, when I was little, my dad would call me Kitty or Kit Kat. I don’t know which is the cause and which is the effect; if my love of cats came from my dad associating me with them, or if he called me that because, even as a small child, it was apparent I was going to grow up to be a crazy cat lady. But, whichever, I just like being called Kat :slight_smile:

The Gr8 part is just a goof :wink:

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

BTW, Boris, what did happen to your kitties??

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

One of them died of feline infectious peritonitis, and the other died of unknown causes. They were from the same litter. I adopted them when they were about three months old. The first one died at about one year of age. The second one died the day after Christmans two years ago, he was about two years old.

I just found him all cold lying under his favorite tree. I think he drank some anti-freeze. He had been missing for three days and somehow I knew something had gone wrong.

Then I moved into a place that doesn’t allow pets, and I want to move and get new pets, but I’m scared of getting attached to them and losing them. I had been counting on having my cats for 15 years or so, very optimistic. I feel bad that I let them outside, since the second one would never have gotten into poison if I’d kept him inside. But he loved to go outside and the other neighborhood cats seemed safe.

Anyway, now I have this weird obsession with all things feline including you good people.

• Boris Badenov

I remembered another cat: psycat90.

Hey, I think I noticed that all the cats on this page are female. I bet if there were any dogs on this page, they’d be male. I mean, visualize the gender of these (fictitious posters):

L-Dawg
Dognapper32
thaPITbull
My favorite pooch

All guys, huh? It’s related to some silly (but maybe scientific) poll in which people were asked to associate animals with genders. Birds and cats were feminine, pretty much everything else was masculine.

I’m rambling. But I’ll keep on. # 00: The Fool, I decided to become a human since I had these two human pets that died. I walked them every day, and kept their cage stocked with books and games so they wouldn’t get bored. Unfortunately, one of the books was Rocket Launcher Design for Dummies, and one of them got really deep into it. I came home one day, and there was just a pile of rubble where their cage had been.

My new building doesn’t allow humans. sigh

• Boris Badenov

No, wait a minute. I don’t know that CatInHat is female. And I don’t know that Catrandom is either. So I guess I’m just gender-associating like the people in the poll!

Boris: Move & get you some cats. There’s plenty down at your local animal shelter who NEED a swell guy like you. Don’t be discouraged by the passing of your former felines…I mean, we’re all gonna go someday. Just dive back in, do the best you can, and cherish time spent together. My kitties truly enrich my life, even when they KKKKKKYYYAAAAACCCCKKKKYYYAAAACKKKK…well, they’re great anyhoo.

I chose psycat for a Tom Jones song "What’s New Pussycat? and an x-men character - Psylocke. I liked the way it looked and sounded. 90 has no significance, got added at AOL (IM) i think so I kept it. I like cats I have had a few. We just had a gorgeous white kitty named Courtney until a few months ago. She got pregnant and took off out the door one day with her beau(sp?), never to be seen again. The little hussy, I told her that boy was trouble…

so you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts. what’s so amazing about really deep thoughts? Tori Amos

Boris, I think I associate cat names with the female gender, too. If someone logs on with a name like Tom Cat, though, I’ll gladly make an exception for them :slight_smile:

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

One poor rat amongst all these cats… gulp

I’m in a band called the CATS! There’s 10 of our 11 cats up there on the site.

Cats Rule! Just ask them, they’ll tell ya.
SW

www.thecats.com