Why did you choose that colour for your car?

Pale Adobe?

My (used) Prius came from Las Vegas, therefore it’s white. It was locally available, and had the options I wanted.

My new Escape is dark gray, same as my last Escape. I was open to something else when I went to the dealer but none of the other Escape colors appealed to me.

The dark gray is EXTREMELY popular. So is the red (the color of my mom’s Escape).

Somehow the first and only time I ever went to someone else’s car thinking it was mine was just last week.

Silvery blue. I wanted one the color of red clay mud. Because that’s the color it turns into driving down my road and driveway. Just trying to be practical. Had no luck finding that color.:frowning:

I hadn’t had a blue one yet.

They didn’t have one with all the stuff we wanted in green, so we went with the Arctic Blue Metallic. Before that all my trucks had been white, silver or pale blue.

Red. It was the one they gave me to test drive, and I kept it.

Interiors are beige.

I can’t for the life of me figure out what Ford was thinking with that “butterscotch” yellow; the first time I actually saw that out on the road, I honestly thought that the local municipal service/utility department was buying Mustangs for their supervisors, or something.

Huh. I actually like that butterscotch color.

For me, I’ve never in my life picked out a car color–it’s whatever color the car happened to be. So, it’s pretty much been all the boring colors: silver, gold, black, and white. Although my first car was a baby blue Chevette passed on from my father. Yay.

If I were to pick a color, I’d go for something like a desaturated deep blue (I don’t know what it would be called. You know, like luxury car blue as opposed to racing car blue.) And I like that butterscotch yellow. Racing green is beautiful, too. So, basically, your basic Crayola colors, but a bit desaturated and darker.

Don’t forget Ubiquitous SUV Beige. It comes in many different shades and names.

I’ve never had a choice of car color. There was only what is available. I would love to have British Racing Green, but it’s never been an option.

One reason I had a hard time letting my last Jeep GC go was her luscious dark burgundy paint.

We’ve two black, one red, and one British Racing Green cars. When I bought the red BMW I was looking for a 2005 330 ZHP in Imola Red (deep maroon-y) but couldn’t find a ZHP in decent condition. The 2004 Japan Rot red was an okay runner up. BMWs seem to have a more limited palette in comparison to other brands(?)

My mom drives an enormous pink Mary Kay Cadillac. She bought it from a widower whose wife had won it for . . . well, whatever Mary Kay ladies win cars for doing.

I like the butterscotch, too.

When I ordered my Jeep Cherokee (I should have kept the Porsche! :smack: ) I thought I was buying dark metallic blue. Who knew ‘Deep Amethyst’ was purple? A bit of a shock.

But I like it, and my mechanic says he likes it because it’s fairly rare.

I just bought a new '18 Impala Premier in Pepperdust. Why? The thing was $9500 less than a similar one from other dealers.

I contend most new car colors sold in the U.S. end up being whatever’s on the lot, and the range of car colors these days is depressingly narrow.

I never selected a color for a car when I bought it. After I had my Celica convertible for 15 years I had it repainted Viper Red because the dull Toyota red it started out as had faded so much. But that choice was just a suggestion from the painter.

I have owned two cars. One was red with black trim. I bought that one used, so there was not much choice in color. The other car was new, and it was the only color available on the lot that day, white.

Of my last four cars, I got to pick the color for two. I had a red Miata and a yellow Lotus. I like bold colors.

My BMW is a dark gray, as when I went to look at ordering one the dealer offered a screaming deal if I would pick one of the dozens languishing on the lot in the post-2008 downturn. I had my choice of gray, another gray, white or black. Not exciting stuff, but not dull enough to overcome the joy of saving several thousand dollars without even negotiating.

The other car I didn’t get to pick was a light silver Honda S2000. I wanted red or blue, but the only dealer in town that had one had either that silver, or a reasonably attractive dark grey but with a horrific red interior. Every other dealer was still trying to charge several K over MSRP. F that.

This. The Subaru dealer had two Foresters equipped the way I wanted. My wife didn’t care for the particular shade of the green one, so we bought the gray one.

After the MG (and a divorce), my mom bought a new 1972 Toyota Celica GT, red with a white landau top.

Mrs. L.A.'s red 2000 Tacoma was faded, so she took it to Maaco about four years ago. It still looks good.

I was shopping around for a particular model and getting prices. I picked the one that had the best price, which happened to be red.