Why do my eyes smell like ass?

The laugh`s on us guys. I think Superdude just won a bet with one of his friends that he could get a couple hundred dopers to rub their eyes and smell their fingers…

Ummm. You really shouldn’t rub your eyes without thoroughly washing both your hands and your face. You can infect your eyes or get dirt in them too easily without the washing.

And you need to wash your face so that the accumulated dirt and/or make-up around your eyes doesn’t gets pushed in there by your rubbing.

Perhaps you should first try thorougly washing hands and eyes first and then try the rub-and-smell test. If there’s no more odor, then it wasn’t your eyes that stank, but the skin/brows around your eyes that stank. Are you using any make-up, aftershave, or cologne (Aramis smells fecal to me) that might be the culprit? They may smell OK going on, but they may stink up over time.

If eliminating all other sources, and your eyes still have a putrid smell, go to an eye doctor – there may be an infection.

Peace.

Here, does my elbow smell like urine to you?

My eye juice smells like daffodils.

Wanna sniff? Five bucks.

Change your user name to “AssEyes”. ::sings:: Don’t you give me no shitty looks…

::singing, all together now::

I’m Poopeye the sailor man TOOT TOOT
I can’t get me no wench
Because of me eye stench

Re: eyes being easily infected

If eyes were easily infected by dirt, etc., everyone would be walking around with infected eyes constantly, as they’re wide open to the environmental air. Fortunately, the eye is the organ equipped by its creator with the most bad-ass of all self-defense chemical weapons (known as lysozymes), which keep us all from going blind and stumbling around into each other, having to sniff eyeballs to identify our fellow humans.

This does not mean, of course, that you should thoroughly and vivaciously scratch your anal region and then rub your eye to see if it smells like feces or whatever. It’s always a good idea to wash your hands to stop the spread of germs that reside there.

That’s what you get for sticking your nose where it doesn;t belong.

Now, seriously.

Notice that he said vaguely fecal odor. Maybe the problem is not in his eyes, but in his nose. Maybe his odor receptors (or whatever they’re called) are experimenting a kind of confusion.

When I dig inside my ears and smell my finger, makes me recall a can of welding paste. But that’s only me.

Anyway, go to see a doctor, Justin Case.

Band name!

hyjyljyj - Scoff if you like, but my corneas developed an allergy to the bacteria that normally live on the eyelashes (everyone has that bactieria, much like plaque in everyone’s mouth). The allergy reaction was extremely painful (like a killer case of pink eye - and looked even worse) and now I must scrub my eyes for 4 minutes twice a day, sleep with goopy antibiotics in my eyes, and can’t wear my contacts for very long. Prior to developing the allergy, I did not concern myself if I forgot to wash my eye makeup off and often fell asleep with my contacts in. Eyes are not as immune as you make it sound.

But even with all my eye problems, they still don’t stink. :slight_smile:

I got the same thing and it is not ass that you smell, everytime I get a bad cold or my asthma gets bad or My Muscles start to give me severe pain, this starts, it is your immune system, trying to fight back whatever your sick from…i have a brain tumor and much more, so when I get sick like with a cold this smell comes and i noticed it even came out of my nose once. i just hope you don’t have anything seriously wrong with you…but you are not imagining anything, it is a creepy smell and no one can smell it but you…get some blood work done and some MRI’S, JUST IN CASE!
GOOD LUCK

Wouldn’t this be classified as an autoimmune reaction? They are EXTREMELY rare.

It’s interesting to know that this problem exists, but your experience is not generalizable to a significant population either.

Zombie eyes smell especially bad.

Hey, I remember this thread. Wasn’t this started by that guy whose eyes fell out in 2008?

That was me, pravnik. Do you have any idea how hard it is to read braille online? My wife has to sit here and say, “Dot. Two dots. Four dots in a square.”

My cats like to sniff my eyes. That worries me that they might smell funky or like something else that would appeal to cats but I haven’t noticed any smell from my eyes.

Best giggle I’ve gotten from a zombie in a while! So, Superdude, has the smell gone since your eyes ran away? My cats like to smell my feet. They have no interest in anything above my ankles, though. Anybody else notice all the banned members on the first page?

They’re just hoping for an opportunity to bite one of them out.

Ok Superdude.

I rubbed both blue eyes, and had no idea what you meant.

Then I rubbed my brown eye…

I just a few minutes ago watch one of my dogs rub both sides of his head, eyes included, on the corner of the shower stall. As soon as finished, he sniffed the site then wandered away. I think he may be reading the 'dope.:smiley:

I don’t have time to do the google just now but I’m wondering if this another kind of scent marking? Pheromones in eye snot? Why not? :confused: