Why Do We Greet With Hell-Low (Hello) Hell-P(Help)??.. Demon=Nomed(ication)Will Help! Evil=A*Live*..

Actually, they only ban for breaking rules here. Weird, incoherent, rambling nonsense isn’t bannable, so you’re safe.

As are a lot of us! :stuck_out_tongue:

God knows that’s true for most of us at one time or another, right?

The OP may be rambling but it’s clearly witnessing and that means that - provided things remain civil - it belongs in Great Debates.

No, you are right. Stairway to heaven is proof God exists, Dark Side of the Moon is proof Satan exists. I just get them confused sometimes.

Just because it needs to be said, the words “Hello” and “Help” don’t have any etymological connection with the word “Hell”, and there’s no significance to the fact that live is evil spelled backwards, or that devil is lived spelled backwards, except that it’s handy for palindrome writers.

Dog only knows that’s true!

It looks all three of these are themselves citing Random House dictionary.

The demons must have gotten to you. They’re called Romance languages.

None of those quite get you to “hola” - but - yeah - ok.

You call it witnessing. I just did a quick web search and the identical posting shows up in a number of places on the ol’ Internet. That’s spamming, not witnessing.

Doh!

Stupid brain, you’re going to pay for your treachery.

It is directly stated in all three links.

So the Cross was actually a heavenly ctrl+S?

I sit corrected. - I saw Hallo, etc - and skimmed to fast.

IIIRC, Alexander Graham Bell proposed “Ahoy!” As the proper greeting to commence a phone conversation. Find out whoever overruled him, and you’ll find your Beelzebub.

Beelzebub is the one who created;

Press 1 for accounting
Press 2 for sales
Press 3 for a directory
Press 4 if you have a pro…
We’re experiencing a high level of calls now, call back later, much later.

Belphegor is the demon who created telemarketers.

I tried doing this, but with my Internet connection it’s gonna take about 10 billion years.

He’s on the cloud.

stuck on the old appletalk network?