Why do we have to put up with Religious People?

Now you are really giving advice to the wrong side of this debate, in my opinion. Tell me-when you are sitting at a table and the others are bowing their heads in prayer, do you bow yours also?

I think if I was a religious person, I wouldn’t feel a need to convert people to my religion.

If other people are asking for my advice, I would tell them to follow what I said above; be polite and show respect for other people’s opinions. Atheists should do this towards religious people and religious people should follow this towards atheists.

that has never happened in the history of mankind

Sure. And I am against that. Religious people shouldn’t be using force to convert other people to their religion or eliminating people who believe in other religions or no religion. And I feel the same is true for atheists. I wouldn’t want atheists out killing millions of religious people.

You put up with religionists because they are in power.

Generally, yes.

A lot of people believe in worse things than the tooth fairy and it’s not my business. If they insist to state it, I won’t try to object. I’ll just mind my businesses.

People trying to impose their views on others, now that’s the real problem. There is a category of individuals who will do everything they can to turn you into an adherent, and these guys may proselytize in the name of various causes, from marriage issues, to politics and religion. I stay away from all of these people.

The US is “Christian” nation, it permeates society.

Why? Not bowing your head is not frowning, cajoling, yelling, screaming or shouting-it is mere holding your head in an upright position and not pretending to worship the same deity they worship.

Sure, it has. I personally have never been killed due to my lack of religious beliefs or killed anyone due to their religious beliefs. I have never even used violence over a difference in religious opinion. And I don’t feel I’m exceptional in this.

So if your boss wanted you to not eat pork because the tooth fairy said so you’d be ok with that?

As I said above, I feel no need to advocate for my atheism.

It seems you don’t make it habit to strongly defend your lack of belief, either, so why would you be a target?

In what way is not participating in a religious observance “advocating” for atheism? Do you really pretend to pray ?

No, I wouldn’t. My boss is free to hold his own religious beliefs and, to some extent, to follow his own religious practices. But I don’t feel my boss (or anyone else) should be requiring me or anyone else to follow their religious practices.

Even this argument is “putting up with Religious people”. Why do i have to defend the lack of existence of a magic giant in the sky. as if if we discussing if raising taxes is good or bad for the economy? its not a matter of of opinion.

Tooth Fairyists are a minority with no social or political power, so there is no pressure to go along to get along.

I don’t feel I’ve ever been a target due to my atheism. I feel this is in keeping with my belief that most people are generally polite and respectful of other people’s religious opinions.

In my opinion, you don’t. As I’ve said, I feel no need to advocate atheism to other people. You’re the one who raised that issue.

Unless of course your boss invites you over to be among others of his sect and the discussion is about their beliefs. Wouldn’t want to rock that boat, right?