Why do you hate Dominoes Pizza?

There are so many good local pizza places around here that Domino’s is irrelevant.

I love corn on my pizza (and pineapple, and shrimp gratin, and mayonnaise, etc.) and as Roland points out, Japan is the place to get it. Dominoes is pretty good here.

Here’s something else you might like, you pervert. :wink:

That, sir is going right into the spank bank. Thank you!

My complains about Dominos has always been the weird flour stuff they cover the bottom of the crust with (makes it so that most of what I can taste is… well… flour or whatever that stuff is), and that whatever flavor I can detect seems to be salty more than anything else.

I’ve never turned down free Dominos pizza. In fact, when doing group things (ie: a large group of people helping set up/tear down for an event, or big social gatherings like the “Aggie Nights” they used to do at Texas A&M) I almost expect a large cache of Dominos Pizza to surface. Just part of the experience, you know?

That said, when I order pizza, it’s usually Papa Johns or Pizza Hut. Just as often, I might buy some DiGornos pizzas from the commissary.

I don’t passionately love Domino’s or anything, but it’s my favorite of the chain pizzas. Sometimes you want a really good pizza, and sometimes you want to get a $6 large to feed two people for cheap on some guilt food. They’re almost different meal categories. I don’t judge Domino’s more poorly just 'cause I have two or three awesome New Haven style places within a 5 minute drive.

I hate Dominos because my shift was supposed to end at 2 today, but I ended up staying to about 8. I’ll be over it by tomorrow.

Like the pizza though.

That’s pretty much it. People spend too much time and energy in their lives thinking it’s cool to hate certain things.

You forgot to add “flabby”, “fluorescent orange grease”, and “what-is-that-taste?-is-it-actually-plain-Hunts-tomato-sauce-on-it?”, so you’re only half right.

Though I am curious to see how the new! improved! pizza is compared to years ago.

Or else they really don’t like them.

Maybe in some things (PETA, Dubya, bad spelling, etc) but when it come to Dominos the hate is well earned. It’s bland, greasy, gritty and tastes like crap.

We used to always order from Domino’s over the last few years. My wife and two kids liked it. It was usually cheaper and had better deals than the other chains delivery places. The pizza was decent enough for us. However, we started getting Papa John’s and we preferred that so we started ordering exclusively from Papa John’s. Also, the fact that our local Domino’s could not get our order straight or would lose our order after it was already charged to my card, made me leave Domino’s. Well, in the last year the changed their formula for pizza and we never tried it since then. Until last week. We decided to give Domino’s new pizza a try and so we ordered it. Everyone in the family hated it. My 12-year-old son who normally eats any pizza handed to him, ever refused to eat it. My wife complained that the crust is now inappropriately flavored to the extreme and she preferred the old crust. I didn’t like it that much either. So, it’s back to Papa John’s for us. Pizza Hut was out of the running to begin with because we could never find a competent Pizza Hut place. It was a running joke for a while because whenever we ordered from Pizza Hut the order would NEVER show up. No matter the outlet.

Before the new recipe, their pizza was utter crap. Their crust was horrific, everything else was just bland and tasted cheap. Since the new recipe, it’s edible but still not necessarily good, especially when compared to other pizza places.

They don’t know how to slice a pizza.
They cut it into squares? WTF?

I haven’t tried the new one but the old version was to pizza what Rosanne Barre was to the National Anthem (tasteless).

I had Little Seizures pizza last week. I asked them to double-slice it because I like smaller slices. They said they couldn’t do it because it was one of the ‘on-sale’ pizzas and they weren’t allowed to change anything. :rolleyes:

Maybe this is why I don’t usually like Domino’s-- Little Caesar’s fills the cheap guilt-food niche. Pizza Hut and Papa John’s both offer $10 larges for those times when I’m willing to pony up a bit more cash. If I’m willing to put in a bit of work doing my own baking, Papa Murphy’s and a plethora of frozen brands offer pizzas that are < $6 and better tasting.

I do remember when Domino’s first moved into the area in the late 70s/early 80s… they were an improvement on the local pizzerias of the time (cracker crust, bland cheese, party cut… Bob’s Tu Your Door type stuff, or heavy Teutonic stuff served in dark restaurants with rough-hewn dark wood tables and fireplaces, like Noble Roman’s or the old Pizza Hut) and frozen pizza (at a time when Red Baron was introduced as a premium brand, instead of the discount brand it is now). A time when Chef Boyardee Pizza Mix was commonly served. Domino’s much-touted “innovation” of (then) free delivery in 30 minutes wasn’t a change from local shops, but the pizza really was an improvement over what was available at the time.

Nah, I don’t think it’s cool to dislike Domino’s (really? On what planet would anybody find or think this is cool?) It’s just the pizza is crap. Really. In my humble opinion, of course. Of the big four (Pizza Hut, Domino’s, Papa John’s, Little Caesar’s), it’s not even the worst (that would be LC’s). But it’s still not pizza I enjoy.

You could make a shorter list of chain pizza that is better than Tombstone. My only complaint about Tombstone is that I usually eat the entire thing, which is 1600 calories and I don’t want to know how much salt.

Papa John’s is better than Tombstone. Bad Pizza Hut pizza is slightly worse, but Good Pizza Hut pizza is better, so let’s call that a tie. Similarly with Uno’s: their mini-stores in airports always serve pre-frozen nuked crap, but if they actually take care in preparation they can be better than Tombstone.

But Domino’s is firmly worse than Tombstone. But at least it beats Little Caesar’s, Cici’s pizza*, not to mention Chuck E Cheese’s “pizza”. (Come to think of it, Totino’s pizza even beats The Upchuck.)

*But Cici’s breadsticks are better than any other breadsticks ever, even Pizza Hut’s which are pretty darn good too.

I like Little Seizures better than Domino’s. It’s not very good, but it’s better than the last couple of Domino’s I’ve had. Anyway, I don’t have much of a choice. I can either have Little Seizures or Domino’s, or else I can order from Pizza Factory and pay twice as much. (Is it twice as good? Well, it’s definitely better.) For me, pizza is convenience food. I’m not going to drive 25 miles for a good one. So it’s a choice between poor pizza, worse pizza, or pretty-good-but-expensive pizza. Or a 50-mile round-trip.