Why does this board tolerate Clothahump?

Don’t talk about the SDMB?

When someone says that “wetback” isn’t racist, and everyone and their mother says: “Dude, that is totally racist”, only a moron would double down. So, stupid absolutely. Trolling? Perhaps not if he’s stupid, but I’ve got no patience for ignorant racists be they stupid or trolling.

:smiley:
That’s fuckin’ funny.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Deliberately creating conflict, and deriving entertainment from said conflict, is something that trolls do. Whether or not they really believe the stuff they’re using to create conflict.

This doesn’t explain why he doesn’t debate, as the OP points out. He’s entitled to contrary positions and I, for one, would love to hear more on why the Obama presidency was so terrible (other than a blanket statement that it was the worst thing ever) or why Trump is the best.

It also doesn’t explain his earlier admission of trolling.

He does contribute something to the board, by illustrating for us the mentality of a Trump supporter.

Other than that, I got nothin’.

And he doesn’t even sign his posts with Regards.

**Why does this board tolerate Clothahump?

I guess the question is why do I tolerate this board?

Okay. guys, you win. You have finally beaten me down, just like the rest of the conservatives on the board. I am going to cut back on posting and probably limit myself to playing thread games. The days of being able to carry on a discussion on this board are dead and gone, and I mourn its passing.

Have a nice day, folks.

You stopped carrying on political discussions a long time ago.

Hint: simply hurling insults and summarily ignoring those who are actually trying to engage you does not a discussion make.

Don’t let the door hit you on the ass on your way out, ignorant racist filth.

I’ve never seen somebody promise to take their ball and go home on the internet before, and thus I totally believe this post at face value.

Before he gets kicked out of the game.

You’re too modest.

Relentless shitposter complains quality of discussion has declined.

It’s not conservatives, it’s just you. I’ve tried, again and again, to engage you in reasonable discussion. At best, you’ll toss off a single post, with a tiny bit of thought, and ignore any reasonable responses. But the attacks and insults, you always respond to in kind. So you take insults and respond, but reasonable engagement? That’s not something you’re interested in, based on your posting history.

I think that’s a very good idea. I’ll start a poll if you like.

Diversity of views on the SDMB is needed.
Clothahump acts the pratt, but he/she/it is our, collective, pratt.

Views? :confused:

Clothy, did you sock up already?

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=20962033&postcount=134

I prefer to order that as she/he/it.

Or s/h/it, for short.

Well, now I’m curious - when was Clothahump’s Golden Age on this board? Was there a thread where he was particularly articulate and compelling, but got twisted into whatever he is now by the hostile response?