Why I love Obama- Op Ed for Huff Post

Op-ed by Christina Patterson for The Independent

[[shortened excerpt]]

The 44th President of the United States, and first black leader of the Western world, who has, arguably, done more for the majority of Americans than any president since Roosevelt, and who has been careful to send out the message that America is no longer seeking swashbuckling adventures on the world stage, and who has done more for gay rights than any president in history, may well have been thinking that politics is a difficult, and complicated, and stressful business, and that it means you have to make impossible choices, while working with people you don’t like, and whose political views you abhor. And that the results are unlikely to set people cheering, because people tend not to look at politicians who are in office, and cheer. **
I’m not sure that when I see Obama, I want to cheer. I want, instead, to say that in the very imperfect world we live in, with the vested, and opposing, interests that make any kind of change a compromise, this thoughtful, pragmatic and sometimes irritating politician is probably as good as it gets. "

Well-said. Kudos. I thought I liked Bill Clinton, but I love Barack Obama- poet

poet: you’re welcome to share your opinions about Obama, but please respect the SDMB’s copyright rules. If you are commenting on a published article, use a short quote and link to the rest. Don’t repost the entire thing. You also haven’t added much to what the author wrote. I’m going to close this thread. You can open a new thread if you want to explain your opinions in more detail and use less of what Patterson wrote.