Why is Paramount+ so balky?

How is it connected to the internet?

Via coax. It’s an in-house Xfinity system for the entire building, which could be the source of some problems, I’m thinking. Also, I think the modem and cable box are probably pretty old.

Follow-up: Spent a cumulative 10+ hours on planes yesterday with the Paramount+ app on my iPad. Still experienced the freeze-then-have-audio-and-video-out-of-sync thing on every single thing I watched. Then had “Fatal Error” show up during two different episodes/shows. Ugh.

I’ll delete the app and reload before my next trip and see what happens. Straight-up streaming seems fine, but the offline experience sucks balls.

Have you tried rebooting the devices that you’re using to stream? There should be an option somewhere in the settings menu, and just turning your set off and back on again might not be the same as a true reboot.

Every so often, I have to reboot either my TV or my Roku to make certain channels work. Last night, it was Tubi, but Paramount, Netflix, and Peacock have also needed a reboot from time to time.

Also something to check on.

For me the one app that always gives me trouble is Hulu on my phone.

I sometimes get the endless buffering between episodes. I think its trying to load a ad.

Sometimes I have to turn off casting and close the paramount+ app. Start over.

One trick, I pause the video on the credits and manually select the next episode. That seems more reliable than waiting and hoping it will load automatically without getting stuck.

I’ve just recently gotten a no-adds Hulu account and I have to say though it isn’t a significant problem, I seem to have more “connectivity” errors with them than with any other service. That’s both on TV (Wi-Fi, reasonably fast data plan) and ipad (5G mobile). They are generally quite brief, a second or three, and not quite frequent enough to rise to the level of serious irritant. But it happens often enough to stand out from other providers.