Why should we....

…have to think of an interesting context just to have a good old chat in the SDMB? can’t we just chat?
I love the chatting, but I can never think of an excuse (a topic/context) to post. And I can never find an interesting post to reply to.

Heck, I don’t know what I am talking about. Close this thread and carry on browsing. I’m sorry I wasted your time.

What does “IOM” stand for?

Sorry you wasted our time? Sorry??? That’s all we get? A silly little apology? In the time it took me to read this thread I could have learned another language…or at the very least picked a booger and flung it at my cat. What’s wrong with you that all you can do is say sorry? We deserve remuneration, dammit!

Duck Duck Goose, the third hit on a Google search for “IOM UK” shows

:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :cool:

OK, make that the sixth hit, but I’m sticking with the smilies.
:smiley:

Dang, I was sure it was some obscene British slang thing. Oh, well, better luck next time.

Let the merry hijack continue…
BTW, DeathLlama, Ruffian says you snore. Zat true? Or is that some other DeathLlama?

Isle of Man

Between Ireland and England.

There are several posts about it in GQ

“free webspace” has a bit about it, and the one further down about Isle of Man and international soccer.

“`In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, women were REAL women, small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry creatures from Aplha Centauri, and men from the Isle of Man were REAL Isles.’”

Nope, that’s me apparently. Though it’s only when I’m sleeping on my back, hooves in the air.

I’m just going to paste in the last thing in my clipboard…

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115231

Hmm… I think it was that thread about me! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :cool:

Crap… I have to learn how to do that smiley correctly. I used to know, until Yahoo Messenger knocked the critical neural memory pathway out of my brain.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

There, I hope it comes out right. I’m not even going to preview! (tempting fate and the gods, I know…)

Yo, lobley? Love your TT. :slight_smile:

what’s TT. and was that a compliment?

Audi’s roadster? I don’t like that little thing.