Why so much use of "fuck" in thread titles?

SO WHAT’S YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM???

I believe it started out being used so much for the shock value, and because people could use it without being called out on the board for it. I too agree that it’s mainly used because of limited volcabulary.

No, most of the posts on the Shakespeare board start out “I NEED A PAPER DUE TOMORROW ON SKAKESPEARE AND THE CLASSICAL UNITIS AND I CAN’T EVEN FIND UNITIS IN THE DICTONARY HELP HELP!!!”

Give me good old-fashioned cursing any day.

“Infected be the air whereon they ride;
And damn’d all those that trust them!”

Macbeth (The Scottish play), Act 4, Scene i

Diane said:

Be careful how you say that in a thread about "fuck"ing. :wink:

Ultress said:

Yup, probably. These folks don’t realize that the problem is that if everybody uses the word for shock value, it no longer becomes shocking – just mindless.

I mean, if somebody fucking uses “fuck” as fucking every fucking other fucking word, it’s fucking meaningless.

Hey guy, I think you missed a few "fuck"s in there. * Twice * you have two non-"fuck"s in a row. :slight_smile:

Don’t say “Fuck.” Fuck is the worst word that you could say. Instead just say “M’kay?”

“Fucking m’kay”?

I suggest that people substitute the word “Poot”. It’s got that earthy, monosyllabic quality of all good swear words and hardly used at all.

(From memory, from a Discworld book by Terry Pratchett:
“Poot!” said Ridcully, experimentally “Poot poot, poot-itty poot! Poot!” He paused. “No, I’m afraid it’s not the same thing at all.”)

Fenris

In a book titled Wipeouts!, by Al Boliska, the author includes a squelch that should say it all about people who feel compelled to add four-letter words to the threads they post:
“Your vocabulary is mean and impoverished, but quite adequate to express your thoughts.”
This is sort of like taking a golf club and golf ball into your bathroom, stripping naked, and hitting the ball as hard as possible with the club. There is no way to avoid getting hit hard with the ball once it ricochets at you off a tile wall.
Similarly, use of expletives bounces back on the user, demeaning him/her in the eyes of others–expecially reckless when it involves the Teeming Millions.

Bull FUCKING shit. “Wicked” is only acceptable as a replacement for the word “very.” Nowhere else.

I say fuck alot when I’m in a VERY bad mood.
Every fucking word fucking out of my fucking mouth is fucking fuck!

From the sublime to the ridiculous: the George Carlin forbidden words list pretty much sums it up, but there could be a psycho/socio/political explanation, too.

Them that don’t talk about it most.

Veb
P.S. For the irony-impaired, the pompous label was deliberate and intended as a joke. As in, those who get their ashes blissfully hauled on a regular basis use the f**k word with gratitude and fond memory. Sheesh.

Well since I happen to be responsible, No! WAIT it wasnt my fault, it was hers. Anyways, I will forgoe the use of the word fuck for the next week, instead, I will use everyones favorite visuall image MUNGING!! That will teach you David B. Now every post of mine you read will conjure a tasty(eew) visual for ya! HAHA

Fnord, you fecal-brained pool of rancid semen, “munging” is MY pet word.

Alright, you can have it, just so long as you dont DO it to any of your pets.

Allow me a stupid question…
What the fuck is MUNGE?

For
Utterly
Childish
Kooks

You dont want to know, trust me.

It’s not a matter of cleverness, it’s a lack of maturity.
The first time for everything is fun. Just let them do it. They shock themselves and no one else, so where’s the harm?