[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
The issue here, unless you disagree, is wether it’s reasonable to ask staff to do this, and if so whether it’s reasonable for them to do it. I say that it is.
[/QUOTE]
The staff says it isn’t, and they’re the ones who would have to fulfill it. I think it’s an unreasonable request because it’s obviously a waste of time, even if it’s not a lot of time.
[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
The issue here, unless you disagree, is wether it’s reasonable to ask staff to do this, and if so whether it’s reasonable for them to do it. I say that it is.
[/QUOTE]
DNFTT
[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
Who gives a damn if you think my request is silly? Only thing that matters is that I don’t think it’s silly. The issue here, unless you disagree, is wether it’s reasonable to ask staff to do this, and if so whether it’s reasonable for them to do it. I say that it is.
[/QUOTE]
While I realize you are the center of the universe, let me try to explain what the mods and admins are facing. There are 322,000 threads, 7,00,000 posts and 67,000 members on this board that they are responsible for. Now, while you don’t think it is silly that they should take two hours of their time to respond to a request you made to play at being banned, they might feel their time is better spent, especially when you consider that as was suggested above you just pretend to be banned by yourself. That way you don’t have to waste anyone else’s time.
Hey Cryptoderk, words to live by Yelling at the mods is like shaking your fist at God. There’s no one there.
And if there is someone there they’re not listening.
And if they are listening, all you’re doing is pissing them off
This is got to be one of the silliest requests I have ever heard. You want a mod to waste their time to ban you for two hours, so you can “see how it feels?” Wouldn’t knowing that you haven’t done anything to get banned, and knowing that you’re not really banned, kind of negate any “banned feeling”?
What a strange request.
Oh, by the way, I’ll take a sammich and a footrub, too!
[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
But I ask perfectly civiliy to get banned for two hours and get told effectively to fuck off.
[/QUOTE]
OK, I just read the thread in question, and I don’t get your problem. You were not told to “fuck off”; in fact, everyone was quite polite, although they did joke about it, undoubtedly because it was such an odd request. Frankly, Crypto, I think you’re making up outrage where there is none. And if you can’t handle this level of easy-going joking, I suggest you stay off the internet.
[QUOTE=Nancarrow]
[QUOTE=Uvula Donor]
PALATR is more appropriate.
[/QUOTE]
Why do you want to allow lions at the roundabout? They can’t drive, you know.
[/QUOTE]
OK, now that was funny.
Also, as long as sammich and footrubs are being given out, I want in on it! Unless the sammich has bologna, I hate bologna. And if you have sweaty hands, I’ll pass on the footrub. You know what? Maybe I’m better off without the sammich and footrub. Forget I ever said anything.
[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
Who gives a damn if you think my request is silly?
[/QUOTE]
What, you started a thread about it here and expected us not to comment on it?
[QUOTE=Ponder Stibbons]
OK, I just read the thread in question, and I don’t get your problem. You were not told to “fuck off”; in fact, everyone was quite polite, although they did joke about it, undoubtedly because it was such an odd request. Frankly, Crypto, I think you’re making up outrage where there is none. And if you can’t handle this level of easy-going joking, I suggest you stay off the internet.
[/QUOTE]
I didn’t mean anyone was rude, I was just swearing becasue this is the pit.
[QUOTE=SnakesCatLady]
Oh, by the way, I’ll take a sammich and a footrub, too!
[/QUOTE]
Certainly, madame! Oh, I see you’re not a Charter Member. Well, I’m afraid you don’t have gold clubhouse privileges, and you won’t be able to throw rotten tomatoes at Giraffe. However, we do have some fresh lettuce leaves that you may throw at him instead.
Either that or he’s actually either a) sufficiently self-involved that his own ego forms a gravitational pull and is, even as we speak, altering the orbit of the Earth, Sun and other members of the solar system or b) far too dumb to function in a rational sane, society.
Not sure I care which of the three options it is, though. Well maybe a little bit about column A - but that’s only because I don’t relish the prospect that the gravitational field from his ego might actually do some damage.
P.S. I’d love a nice chicken-salad sandwich, if you’d be so kind I even promise to bake cookies to go with it and offer reciprocal foot rubbing. Aren’t I sweet?