Why the hell wasn't I banned?

Ok, to begin with I accept that what I was asking for was not obligitary for anyone to do, nor was it a usual request.

But I ask perfectly civiliy to get banned for two hours and get told effectively to fuck off. What the hell is wrong with people? I know you don’t have to do it. I know that it requires a bit of effort. But not much. All I want is to be banned for two hours so I know what it feels like. This is not a difficult thing to do, and it would only be imho commmon courtesy to do it.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If someone walked upto you in the street and said “Hit me” would you do it?
Or would you be wondering what their motive could possibly be?
At best they’re up to something, at worst they’re mentally unstable.

Perhaps if you could prove you’re mad enough they’d make you a mod! Then you could ban yourself! :smiley:

Perhaps because the mods are too nice to do it to you.

(Yes, you say you want to be banned, but do you really want to know what it’s like to be cast into the outer darkness? And besides, they might forget to unban you, and then you’d really feel the pain.)

I would have thought my motive was totally obvious, but for the hard of thinking - I want to be banned for a bit so that I know how bad it is, which will act as a good deterrent if I get in a bad mood for doing something I would regret.

I think two hours wouldn’t be generous enough.

How about if you just pretend that you were banned all night the last time it was night on whatever planet you’re on?

Be careful what you wish for. . . .

Oh please stopping acting like a **derk ** already. :wink:

When you say you wanted to know what it felt like, do you mean so you can see if you are blocked from the SDMB? Alternatively, do you expect some physical feeling? Do you find it hard not looking at the dope for two hours currently? What would two hours prove? Is this a perverse joke that you have now spanned to at least three threads?

Jim

Since everybody else is doing it, I’d like to be the latest to tell you to fuck off. Idiot.

I don’t expect this kind of hostility. That you may not understand the request has nothing to do with it. It’s not a difficult request, what have my motives got to do with it?

I’m not mad; I’ve always been mad.

Why do you think it is so simple? Generally speaking only Admins do the actual banning. There is some extra work involved and on face value your request looks very silly.

I could understand a 3 day hiatus I guess, but 2 hours appears meaningless. A waste of time and after all if they did it for you then everyone would want a two hour banning on demand. :wink:

Jim {BTW: the :wink: indicates the line is a joke}

You want the Mods to ban you, wait two hours, and then lift the ban?

I want them to make me a sammich and rub my feet. Guess what’s going to happen.

I understand the point that people are making. Basically, they’re saying that it is too much effort for people to go to. If true, then fair enough, I don’t want to be a hassle. But is this really the case? I don’t know what I’m talking about, but I don’t think it really is.

TubaDiva wasn’t hostile. We’re being a little hostile because you seem to be aggressively stupid. It appears to me that she thought your request was silly, and that fulfilling it would be a waste of her time. She politely told you to go out and play. Now go out and play.

I’ll be right over. BTW, did you want mayo on that sammich?

sigh Yes, it is. It’s a short - but pain in the ass - process to ban someone, but why should we? We can’t be bothered.

Besides, we might “forget” to reinstate you.

Who gives a damn if you think my request is silly? Only thing that matters is that I don’t think it’s silly. The issue here, unless you disagree, is wether it’s reasonable to ask staff to do this, and if so whether it’s reasonable for them to do it. I say that it is.

Oh, whatever you’ve go is fine. Don’t knock yourself out on my account. :wink:

And the mods say that it’s not.

Guess who wins?