Curiosity has gotten the better of me.
I was trying to find a thread I thought I had subscribed to but that I never got any responses from. I couldn’t find it searching, so I looked in my user CP. No subscribed threads. I click ‘view all subscribed threads’ and I stumbled on this thread: One Two Many? - About This Message Board - Straight Dope Message Board.
As far as I can tell, it died of natural causes, then it was closed.
[QUOTE=SiXSwordS]
Why would a dead thread be closed?
[/QUOTE]
The question that had been asked had been answered. There was a potential of the thread slipping down into IMHO territory so it was closed. Were you expexcting more responses other than the one that TubaDiva gave you?
[QUOTE=adam yax]
The question that had been asked had been answered. .. Were you expexcting more responses other than the one that TubaDiva gave you?
[/QUOTE]
No, that’s the point… there were no more responses. Lots of threads go nowhere or get a sufficient answer and then they die. I don’t so much care as I’m curious.
Why close a dead thread.
Quite often when this happens, both threads get reported to moderators/Admins as being a double post. Tuba probably locked your thread thinking that the other one had been left open. BUT, another mod may have “disappeared” your other thread about the same time.