Why would a Los Angeles Dodgers tee-shirt be orange?

This is my favorite single post of the year.

Sure could. He’s 75 if a day.

Getting back to this … it looks like the New York Mets currently have five different jerseys. I don’t think baseball teams are restricted in this way.

Except every other team I checked (I didn’t go through the whole league) has either 2 (home, away) or 3 (home, away, alt) uniforms. I don’t know why the Mets seem to be the exception.

You saw the Packers official “alternate” jersey. Unlike the Bears’ hideous pumpkin-colored alternates, the Packers have never worn their alternates for a game (and hopefully never will). However, the Packers do get to enjoy the added revenue stream from the fans who’ll buy anything Packers related, no matter how ugly it is.

Only because they have chosen to outfit five. It’s up to each individual team. The only official rule, if I recall correctly, is that all players on a team must be dressed alike in uniforms that distinguish them from the other team. There’s no set number required.

I also recall, back in the 70s, that the Pirates had a white uniform, a black uniform, and a yellow uniform, which they would mix and match all the time. This may have had something to do with the abundant use of cocaine in their lockerroom at the time, but that’s a whole other story. One day they’d go white top and yellow pants, the next all black, the next yellow top and white pants, then white top and black pants, and so on. I seem to recall a playoff series in which they played the entire series without ever wearing the same combination of tops and pants. They looked like a bad girls’ softball team, frankly, especially with those stupid caps (also multicolored).

Yep. The A’s did the same thing with their white, green, and gold; the Indians with white, navy, and red; and the White Sox with white and navy.