Why *wouldn't* you date Mr/Ms Right?

As another sixteen-year-old, I feel that I have to point out the fact that we do not avoid nice guys. I happen to be beginning a relationship with a very nice guy. He’s sweet, and he’s definately not a jerk.

They’re polyamorous.

Of course the whole concept of a Mr/Miss Right is the fact that they are perfect in your eyes through and through so if they had some flaw (religion/race/white after labor day) then they wouldn’t be Mr/Miss Right in the first place, nu?

Yeah, that’s actually a point that’s come up between us. But our school is far from traditional, and it ended up being kind of obvious that there was at least a little ‘mutual spark’ (does that sound as stupid as I think it does?), and we came to the consensus that it would just be easier to dive head first into the issue instead of tiptoeing.

And, FWIW - I do know some girls my age who do avoid ‘good guys’, but their perception of ‘good guys’ is that he’s a geek. My guy is not. College isn’t an issue (at least not until I graduate HS and take off), he’s not going that route. :slight_smile:

Lumme!
Strewth!
Gorblimey!

For years my nerdiness has told against me in the romance stakes - now suddenly it’s trendy!
I may have to sit in a darkened room to calm down (I may as well play computer games while I’m there) …

OK, a sense of humour is jolly important in a relationship. How does this one appeal to you?

A little girl goes into a pet shop.
Timidly she lisps “I’d like to buy a wabbit.”
The pet store owner smiles sweetly. “Would you like a fluffy rabbit, or a longhaired rabbit?”
The little girl thinks carefully. “I don’t think it will matter to my python!”.

(P.S. - you blush, I use exclamation marks)

I think he’s a little old for you, since relations between the two of you is probably illegal in your state. Plus, I have to wonder what a 20-year-old wants with someone so young. 4 years isn’t much when one is 24 and one is 28, but at 16 it is different. I don’t know if that makes sense or not.