Wierd ass fears

What are your weirdest fears?

[ul][li]I cannot sleep with my feet uncovered. With your feet uncovered, you have no protection against monsters. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve KNOWN the mosters can’t get me if my feet are covered. Ever since then, I MUST have them covered.[/li][li]I cannot go barefoot if I’m going to press my foot against anything other than the ground. Otherwise, my tendons might snap. Or a bad man might have a razor and cut them. Nothing to endanger my tendons. Ughh! Gives me the chills just thinking about it.[/li][li]Jeana is afraid of werewolves. Always has been. She’s somewhat afraid of vampires.[/li][li]I was freaked out by Sixth Sense. I kept expecting to wake up in the middle of the night and see someone. Shit. I’m trying not to look into the kitchen right now, because I just KNOW I’ll see someone. My house is 90 odd years old. I live in the attic. Go figure.[/li][li]I can’t leave the door unlocked while peeing. Someone might walk in![/li][li]Always turn the fan on to uh… y’know. #2. Can NOT have anyone hear me doing that. Farting, hell yeah. The actual duty… no way.[/ul][/li]Thats just my weird stuff. Anyone else care to share?

–Tim

We are the children of the Eighties. We are not the first “lost generation” nor today’s lost generation; in fact, we think we know just where we stand - or are discovering it as we speak.

Well, this isn’t that weird, I guess, but I can’t stand too close to the tracks when the train’s coming in. Considering the pushing deaths we’ve had of late, though, I suppose that’s sensible.

I read Anna Karenina too many times, I guess.

I have a fear of dying in a submarine accident.

No I’m not in the military, and I’ve never ben on a submarine. Don’t ask me to explain it.

Falling. Stairs are extremely difficult for me, and don’t even ASK me to get on an escalator. I won’t rollerskate, ski, ice skate, ride my bike anymore, nothing. Oh, and car accidents. Yes, as you can tell, I’m just tons of fun!

I NEVER leave the house without a swiss army knife, when I manage to forget one I totally panic. It will just linger on my mind constantly and totally spoil my mood.

I won’t stop obsessing over improbable events that are bound to happen to me that I won’t be prepared for. For example, bieng stuck in an elevator, unable to pry open the trap door (wich is ridiculous, I haven’t been in an elevator in eight months) or trapped in an abandoned warehouse full of cans of tuna without a can opener.

Inkz

Incidently, I have about eight of them now, and had many more that my ex-GF swiped.

Escalators, but only down escalators. With up escalators, I’m fine as long as I can stand for a second or two before getting on to judge the speed of the steps. (If they’re really fast, or if there’s a huge and impatient crowd behind me, no.) But down escalators, forget it!

I think it’s a fear of missing the step and falling. If I fall on an up escalator, the longest the fall could be is my own height. But if I fall on the down escalator, I’ll fall down the entire length of the escalator.

Mind you, I’m a transit buff. Fear of escalators and being a transit fan don’t so much go together. I had to take the elevators everywhere when I rode the Washington DC Metro. I don’t know what I’d do with the London Underground. And God help me if I ever end up in Moscow. (^:

Because of personal history and the weird associations our brain makes, consciously and subconsciously, we all have weird-ass fears.

However, if the fear interferes with normal living, we have to get over those fears.

If we can’t get over those fears on our own, we should be getting professional help.

My friends, many of you need professional help. I’m not being smart or smug, you can get over these weird-ass fears with some help.

Peace.

Hmm… duplicate threads? I hate it when this happens. The other copy was transferred to MPSIMS.

Nickrz
GQ Mod