Wierd ass fears

I’ve heard similar stories as the one proponed by GuanoLad.

Is it an inherant problem that tractors left in idle drop into reverse and their accelerators get stuck?

Or is this a “rural” legend?

Yeah. Sounds like an urban legend, huh? “I heard this from a friend, who said his Dad’s friend, bla bla…”

Ah well. Still gross.

“Waheeey! ‘Duck!’ Get it?”
“Errr… No…”
“Duck! Sounds almost exactly like fu-”

Vomit.
Especially stranger vomit.
Especially getting barfed on by a stranger.
(My on family, pets, etc. are marginally tolerable, or at least don’t give me nightmares.)

One in second grade this kid seated near me threw up seven (!) times before leaving the room. I still don’t know where it all came from. And 4 or 5 times in my life I’ve seen people seated near me in restaurants toss their cookines onto their plates/table. Once was my birthday dinner. Yuck! Can’t they feel it coming??? Then there was the time… Oh never mind, you get the point.

This is why I stopped going to (rock) concerts in college. And avoid drunks. And genrally stay clear of major amusement park rides.

(Yeah, most people find vomit gross/rude, but probably not to the point of altering their plans because of it like I do. That’s what makes it irrational in my book.)

In Order

1.Clowns
2.Mimes
3.Guys on stilts
4.Big Bird (hey he’s a really big bird)
5.Reformed alcoholics
6.Big guys with very small hands
7.Anyone from France
8.Store Greeters
9.The walking dead
10.People that try to hug me

I’m afraid I not going to wake up and all this is real.

I’m afraid I’m not going to wake up and all this is real.

Excuses me. I had to run over to the neighbor and borrow some m’s.I ran out in the middle of the last post.

For me it’s crosses, wooden stakes, mirrors and garlic.

And sunrise. I really hate sunrise.

If you’re hot, that’s good.
If you’re cool, that’s good.

I don’t get it.

Not really a fear but- all my life I’ve avoided heights, because I feel the urge to jump. I remember being about 3, going out on the observation deck of the North Dakota capitol building (only a few stories, but the tallest building for hundreds of miles) and just wanting to step off the edge. I never wanted to die, but a free-fall would be cool, and maybe I’d turn into a bird halfway down, who knows? I told my mom this a couple of years ago. She said her mother had the same ideas. Freaky.

“On the edge of sleep, I awoke to a sun so bright…”

I am terrified of men. It’s a good thing they all stay away from me!

“Love given when it is inconvenient is the greatest love of all. Kindnesses that are shared at a high cost to oneself are the most dear.”

Don’t know who said it, but I like it.

1. im scared of open closet doors in the dark
  2. im scared of using an outhouse when at the lake… i’d rather pee in the bush than ever fall in and die a slow an agonizing death way down there

Good grief. You people are a bunch of no good stinkin’ cowards. Get some backbone people. You all make me sick …

oh wait, this isn’t the Pit? :wink:

Drats. Just when I get the mood to do some flaming.

Anyway, needles for me. I have to be laying down when I get a needle because I will almost always pass out. The funny thing is they don’t really scare me so much to think about. My family doctor told me I could have a hypersensitive sympatic nerve. I think I am just a chicklen ****.

Also, my grandfather nearly poked my eye out when I was just a wee lad with a drill bit (gave me a really nice cut along my face), so I don’t like having pointy things near my eyes. (BTW, it was an accident, at least I hope so).

What more could you expect from somebody who lets people kick him to the head?

Here’s a weird one from some co-worker of mine:

One of the stalls in the restroom on our floor is next to the urinals. Also, the separating panel only goes back a couple of feet until it meets the wall that the urinals are mounted on. So someone using a urinal could look to the right and catch some glimpse of whoever is using this stall through the gap between the wall and the panel.

Well, every day somebody takes a 4 ft. length of TP and places it over the gap so that no one can peek in.

Is this paranoiod or what!?

Well, I’m afraid of weird asses . . .

I don’t like anything near my eyes at all, especially anything sharp. This doesn’t bother me at all when I have my glasses on, but my eyeballs feel unprotected without them.

Oddly, I don’t have any problem touching my eyeball to put contact lenses in. But when I’m wearing the contacts, any hard or pointy object near my face will make me nervous.

Laugh hard; it’s a long way to the bank.

I’ll tell ya one thing: Don’t nobody go messin’ round with my temples! Stay away from my temples! Don’t even LOOK at them. Please!

Pigeons are so scary. They just creep me out. When ever I see pictures of places like London, with THOUSANDS of pigeons swarming in public squares, it just makes my skin crawl. I’m going to London this winter - do pigeons migrate south? Please tell me that they do! I used to live in an apartment that was on the second floor, right beside the eave of the house next door. There was a nest of pigeons living in there, and the first thing I’d hear in the morning was that weird trilling sound they make. Ugh!

I also fear escalators like crazy. Not the ascending ones, just descending ones. I can’t quite explain it. Once I went on a date to a movie with this guy, and the theatre was on the fifth floor (reached by four freakin’ escalators, of course). All through the movie all I could think of was the horrifying escalator trip after the movie. Not wanting to look like an idiot, I decided not to suggest the elevator instead of the escalator. By the time I reached the escalator, my throat was dry, heart pounding, hands sweating, the whole thing. At the very last second, I just lost it. I became totally hysterical and started screaming “I can’t do this! I can’t do this! Oh my God, let me out of here!!!” and staring pushing through the crowd that had built up behind me, still screaming and crying. Whew, I’m so glad I didn’t ask to take the elevator - then I’d certainly look like an idiot, right?

I have the common down escalator fear (4 years old, standing at the top, my mother at the bottom, me screaming bloody murder) and now that kids are getting caught in them, I have that fear as well–thank you “Dateline-NBC”.

I’m afraid of going down stairs. I think I’m going to miss one and break my neck. I must descend while looking straight down. That one started early. I could only go down to my grandparents’ basement by sitting on each stair, taking them one at a time.

By far the weirdest would be my grandmother’s lampshade–you heard me–lampshade. It had minutemen on it. When we visited, I wouldn’t go near it. I cowered at my mother’s feet in SHEER TERROR! I even had nightmares about it. I have no clue where that fear came from, I’m just glad I’m over it.

“I put instant coffee in the microwave and almost went back in time”–Steven Wright

I have a fear of open spaces and enclosed places.
I have to alternate between the two before hysteria sets in.

It takes up most of my time.