Wife's uncle missing after SoCal storm

Mrs. L.A.'s uncle is missing after having been caught in a mud slide.

Article.

So sorry for you and your family, Johnny. I hope he is found, alive if not well.

Yes, very much so. So sorry to hear this.

That’s terrible news. My best wishes to Mrs LA and family during this difficult time.

Oh, I’m so sorry.

Oh dear. Was it in the Bakersfield slide? I was looking at photos of that online and wondering if people were able to get out of their cars. I sincerely hope he turns up alive and well.

In my prayers, bro.

What a horrible thing. I hope to see an update that he was found safe.

Also hoping for a happy update that a mudman has turned up alive and well downslope somewhere.

That doesn’t sound very promising. My condolences to your family, and my hopes that you get your own personal miracle.

My condolences, Johnny. I hope this turns out well.

Condolences Johnny.

You and Mrs. L.A. are in my thoughts…

I’m thinking positively about this.

I’m sorry, Johnny. I’ve spent a little time in that area, it’s harsh but beautiful in its own way. I can understand why he chose to make his home there. Condolences to your wife and all his family.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I’d never met him. I think I may have been dimly aware he existed. Mrs. L.A.'s family is very large and widespread, and I can never remember them. Mrs. L.A. is a Christian, and appreciates prayers.

I lived in the Antelope Valley for 11 years, starting at age 15. She lived there from a younger age than that. It’s a very beautiful area.

Sending good vibes your way.

My niece used to live in LA County. She got married and moved to Oregon for grad school a few years ago.

My thoughts and prayers are with Mrs. L.A., you and the family.

A body has been found, but it’s not Mrs. L.A.'s uncle. That person was found in Palmdale, which is about 50 miles south of where Mrs. L.A.'s uncle was swept away.

The search has been suspended until Saturday because conditions are too dangerous. Kern County sheriff’s spokesman Ray Pruitt said, ‘The searchers said it’s like wading into quicksand. It’s just not safe.’

How are your wife and her family coping now Johnny?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was thinking of them approaching Christmas in this situation, and wondering.