Will Biden run for a second term?

Name them. Ones who could beat trump.

Not to mention, the only people who could ask Biden to retire are the voters and himself, unless some weirdness with Ad 25 can in, which it won’t, absent a stroke or something. And the voters put him IN.

Who did you vote for?

Any of the 50 Democratic senators, any Democratic governor, perhaps even Ocasio-Cortez herself as a House rep, who although low in rank commands more Millennial clout than anyone.

As much as I like her, she’s certainly not ready to be President

Other than AOC, who would lead us into a certain trump71. win, those aren’t names.

Durbin= 77 Feinstiein 88 Leahy 82 Cardin 78 Blumenthal 76, Markey, Shabeen & Carper 75, Manchin & Hirono 74, …only 15 Dem Senators are under 60. So much for “younger, fresher”. Only 7 Dem Governors under 60.

Did you think this out, or just hate Biden? Di you vote for Biden?

Ah, I was going to respond to your point about there being better Democratic candidates than Biden, but I see you’re just here to rant. Carry on then.

He’s not here to rant. He’s doing this thing where he posts how inevitable a Dem victory is going to be so he can come back later and gloat that his preferred conservative candidate won.

I think he will run if he is able to. I do not think he would win the Democratic nomination a second time around, however this depends on his competition and his future performance.

The odds of a sitting president not getting his party’s nomination in American politics is essentially nil, barring a stroke mid-campaign or some such disaster. IF Biden runs, he will be the nominee.

He has a good chance, but I disagree it is 100%. The old rules of politics have been upended. He needs to be able to win.

Nothing is 100% except death and taxes :slight_smile:. But I’d peg it at ~98.9%

98.8% is the similarity between human and chimpanzee DNA. So just a shade over that?

Well, given that we’re deciding between Biden & Trump that lines up nicely.

Ooh, snap! :rofl: :scream:

This latest poll says a majority of Americans don’t think he should.

Poll finds 64% of Americans DON’T want Biden to run for office again in 2024 - 55% say no to Trump | Daily Mail Online

I don’t think he should. Biden will be 82 in 2024. The idea of an 82 year old performing what is probably the most stressful job in the world makes me nervous. Firstly, there’s the question of his physical capability. Even sprightly 82 year olds don’t really have that much energy. I find it hard to believe that Biden will be physically resilient enough to manage the demands of the Presidency. I could be wrong, but every 80+ person I know needs a good night’s sleep, an afternoon nap, and likes to take it easy. They’re called Twilight Years for a reason, after all. People who are deep into them shouldn’t be running the world.

Secondly, there’s his mental capability. I don’t think Biden is senile, but he’s definitely slower than he used to be. Just watch his debate with Paul Ryan in 2012. He’s almost a different person. It’s not much to ask that the leader of the free world be at the top of his game, mentally speaking.

Furthermore, there’s a pretty good chance he’d die of natural causes during his second term, and everybody knows it. This makes the presence of Kamala Harris on the ticket far more of an issue than it would be otherwise, and that’s a problem because Kamala Harris is unpopular, unlikable, uncharismatic, and, if the leaks we’ve all been hearing are anything to go by, not particularly competent. She’s going to be an anchor weighing down his campaign because everyone will know that, unlike with most VPs, there’d actually be a pretty good chance that she’d become the President.

I still think Buttigieg is a good choice. I know some people will have a problem with him because he’s gay, but I think most of those people wouldn’t ever vote Democrat anyway. On the flip side, he’s young, handsome, obviously intelligent, extremely well spoken, charismatic, and (IMO) immensely likeable. These are all characteristics he shares with Obama. If those characteristics were enough to make Obama the first black President, I don’t see why they can’t be enough to make Buttigieg the first gay one.

Agree with everything you say Walter.

I’m only 61yo and can tell I’m slowing down. And not just physically. Mostly my memory.

My Wife and I play a LOT of chess. And we both think that helps our mental acuity. And we love the game. About 6-8 games a weekend. We play a lot of Cribbage and Gin Rummy too. Chess keeps your strategy sharp. The card games are good for that, and memory as well (what’s in your opponents hand?)

And yes Buttigieg is an amazing person.

He’s slowed down considerable in recent years. He will be doing good if he finishes this term.
I think the decision will be made for him by his party.

If he doesn’t, Republican heads will explode.

I’m sure many democrats would also prefer someone else. In fairness, not all Biden’s problems are his fault. But if perceived that way, they are still his problem.

Biden will not only seek a second term, but will most likely win. Everything I read about Biden’s future seems to be 100% wrong. Unless hes on a ventilator in hospice, hes going to be re-elected. People doubted he would win in the first place and were wrong. The guy is undefeated when being the nominee in elections so I doubt that will change now. He beat a populist from his basement during COVID and barely campaigned. People seem to underestimate how impressive that is.

Age seems to be irrelevant now a days. Everyone is living longer than they should be. Unless something drastic happens with Biden, hes probably going to be re-elected. I dont believe the doomers who think something is wrong with Biden like hes the worst candidate ever. People said the same thing in 2020. Yes hes boring, yes hes not super progressive, but hes the best that we got right now. There wont be a new president until 2028.