William Shatner heads off to the final frontier (space, not death)

Has he gotten along with the cast of other shows? He’s been on TJ Hooker, Boston Legal, and many others. He must be at least somewhat OK to work with as Hollywood tends to banish people who are impossible to deal with. I mean, jerks like Marlon Brando kept working, but that is pretty rare.

I thought y’all would find this interesting and worthwhile:

Shatner thinks that’s why Takei keeps lashing out. He tweeted:

Shatner gets a taste of the Total Perspective Vortex.

Captain Sulu.

If you’re going to nitpick, then I should have said Admiral Kirk, too.

He was demoted.

Shatner’s quick series stats. He guested on dozens of shows and did movies.

I’m not really a fan. I do respect the work he’s done. He overcame a lot to play a leading man. He’s not tall, he needed a toupe before Star Trek and he often struggled with weight. None of that stopped him from having a remarkable career.

I think his best acting is in Boston Legal.

Boston Legal 101 episodes
TJ Hooker 90
Star Trek 79

He’s the One and Only. Nobody can do it like he can.

Takei attended Shatner’s Comedy Central Roast 15 years ago, and Shatner felt comfortable enough with Takei to rag on him about, um, certain traits. See here, and note Shatner’s comments to Takei third up from the bottom. I watched that show and was ROTF the whole time.

Takei finally got his chance for the perfect insult after Shatner rode onstage on one of his horses.

(Warning, F-bomb. Age-restricted, requires sign-in.)

George seems so classy and intellectual. Has he clearly laid out why he hates Bill so much? Like, enough to go on about it when they have not made a movie together since Star Trek VI?

That’s not his hair in the original Star Trek show? He’s had excellent fake hair for a really long time then. Has a photo ever been taken showing him bald at all?

I remember some Trek screenshots of Shatner thinning. There’s a website devoted to the subject, shatnerstoupee.blogspot

Toupee or not, it doesn’t matter too me. I guess it mattered to Bill.

Watch the TOS episode “The Deadly Years.” While at times Kirk is heavily made up, it’s clear his balding was not a special effect

In the book by Solow and Justman, Bob recounts an episode where Shatner complains about his velour tunics shrinking and revealing his tummy bulge. At the same time, it was apparent his toupe was receding where it met his forehead.

Shatner, BTW, was reported to have protested mightily being made to look old in “The Deadly Years.”

That fact makes the decision to not have Sir Patrick wear his very very expensive wig on ST TNG even funnier.
Or the fact they didn’t let Avery Brooks stay bald during the first part of DS9
Or the regular restyling via wigs of Janeways’ hair, to frump up Kate Mulgrew.
(Early shoot with her real hair)

I wonder if Stewart’s wig looked like the one he wore as Sejanus in I, Claudius?

Let’s not forget Walter Koenig’s Beatles/Monkees wig when Chekov was introduced:

Hell, I wanted hair like that when I was in high school, but noooooooooo! :angry:

I forgot what he looked like in season 1. Honesty, he looks great and quite a bit younger with his regular hair and no goatee. He probably should have kept the look.

He was appearing in a Spenser For Hire TV movie playing his character from the series, Hawk, so he needed to go back to that look.

Nope, way more uncouth and unsightly.

I dunno, I’m personally particular to his more grizzled look from Season 4 onward, which just screams “I’m sick of all your shit and I’ve had enough!”