Windows 10 October 2018 "Upgrade". Should I be worried?

I’ve run across several articles on significant problems with the latest upgrade of Windows 10 (“1809” upgrade). Issues include deletion of user data (e.g. deletion of all data in Documents). There is more in the link below.

Missing Files, Bugs Reported After Windows 10 October 2018 Update

I modified my Update settings as suggested in the article, but some of what I read in other sites has me worried. Microsoft is apparently notorious for ignoring update settings when performing system upgrades.

I’ve backed my data up (not a whole lot of it, its a relatively new PC), but who wants the chore of restoring data (people have reported losing hundred’s of GB, including data on drives other than the system drive), not to mention that if the upgrade happens without warning, I’ll lose stuff I’ve most recently been working on if it was done between backups.

Should I be worried? Is there anything additional I should do?

The upgrade has been pulled.

I got upgraded but have yet to experience any issues. But all my data is elsewhere and it’s all fully backed up.

You can easily update your Windows 10 from Microsoft official website and obviously the latest version is quite amazing, I’m a doing event blogging at thank you veterans pictures and Windows 10 is providing the amazing user-friendly environment.

My advice comes from Woody on Windows: Don’t be an unpaid beta tester. Never upgrade to the new version of Windows 10 upon release. Microsoft does little quality testing anymore. Let those who have nothing to lose take the plunge.

Version 1803 will still get updates for a while, so there’s no rush. Wait until the inevitable problems shake out before taking the plunge.

Microsoft pulls Windows 10 October 2018 Update after reports of documents being deleted: “We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating,” says Microsoft on its support site for Windows Update.

Thanks! I already had my update installation set to Semi-annual, which nominally keeps me out of the first wave, but this relives me.