Windows Vista Pictures problem: annoying green bar refreshing after every change

I can’t do anything in Windows Vista Pictures (the program that organizes my photos) without it launching the green bar at the top that sloooowly runs its paces. I can “X” the green bar off, but that’s annoying to have to keep doing as I’ve got a lot of pics to work with (and organize).

It didn’t always used to do this. For a long time, the program was working just fine. Then this crap started happening. Once in awhile, it’ll spontaneously stop doing this. (Most recently, a few weeks ago; I have no idea what if anything precipitated the cessation of the green-bar problem. I don’t think it was anything I did, right or wrong.) Then yesterday I ran a tags search to locate a particular pic and the green bar problem returned. Back-arrowing and closing Pictures and re-starting it doesn’t fix it.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? It’s too bad there’s no pop-down menu choice along the lines of “stop it with that green-bar BS, already”.

http://pinoytech.org/su/question/23355/how-to-deactivat-the-progress-of-the-green-bar-of-windows-vista

I had this same problem.

Windows Vista really is a piece of shit though. Seriously consider upgrading to 7 (which is also, in some ways, a piece of shit, but vastly improved.) I am running XP on the computer I’m at right now and I am very happy with it.

Thanks for the replies. I tried the settings adjustment, but my settings were already set that way, and for good reason: I use that program to organize my photos, so I have to be able to see them and not just the generic pic icon!

Barring some other advice, this may turn out to be a problem I’ll just have to learn to live with.

Have you tried Picasa?

Sorry for the belatedness of my response; yes, I’m currently using it. But I don’t make it my primary pic program. There’s some things I like to use the Windows Vista MS Paint for, and others I use Picasa for, and I switch back and forth as needed. Thanks for the suggestion, though.