"Wordle," a strangely compelling word game (Part 2)

< sigh > Wordle days like today vex me. I am vexed.

Wordle 1,117 4/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

IRATE
HAUNT
DAUNT
GAUNT

I preferred GAUNT to DAUNT but thought DAUNT was more likely. But no.

Wordle 1,117 3/6*

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

PLATE
RATIO
GAUNT

THU JUL 11th

Wordle 1,118 3/6*

:blue_square::black_large_square::blue_square::black_large_square::blue_square:
:black_large_square::blue_square::black_large_square::orange_square::blue_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

ALONE
FOVEA
CAMEO

Wordle 1,118 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:

PLANT
RACES
CAGEY
CAMEO

Not my worst game, but definitely not my best, either.

Wordle 1,117 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

SLATE
CHOIR
DAUNT
GAUNT

Wordle 1118 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: 1,191
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square: 1

SLANT
CHORE
CAMEO

Wordle 1,118 3/6

:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:

RATIO
MANGO
CAMEO

[spoiler]Wordle 1,118 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:[/spoiler]

STORE
COVER
CAMEO

Wordle 1,118 6/6*

\begin{aligned} &\bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt B} \bbox[yellow,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt E} \bbox[yellow,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt A} \bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt R} \bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt D} \\ &\bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt S} \bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt P} \bbox[yellow,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt E} \bbox[yellow,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt A} \bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt K} \\ &\bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt G} \bbox[lime,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt A} \bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt U} \bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt Z} \bbox[yellow,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt E} \\ &\bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt L} \bbox[lime,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt A} \bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt T} \bbox[lime,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt E} \bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt X} \\ &\bbox[yellow,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt M} \bbox[lime,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt A} \bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt V} \bbox[lime,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt E} \bbox[silver,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt N} \\ &\bbox[lime,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt C} \bbox[lime,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt A} \bbox[lime,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt M} \bbox[lime,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt E} \bbox[lime,5px,border:1px solid black]{\texttt O} \\ \end{aligned}

2 6s in a row.
Must try harder.

Wordle 1,118 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:

STERN
CLOUDcould be cozey
COZEYno; I missed cameo; that’s what it should be
CAMEO

Wordle 1,118 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

HEART
SNEAK
APPLE
CAMEO

Wordle 1,118 5/6* 7/11/2024

:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:

GAUNT → Uh huh. Nevertheless, I am undaunted. (SWIDT?) I can KO the remaining WoFcons, and add an E, with
LASER → which only gives me the E. Huh. Is a 3-letter trap truly a trap? In any case, time to try a lot of consonants. I’ll trust the B early
BAKED → Nope. What’s next? I wonder if this is a word?
WAVEY → Turns out it was. And no help. Perhaps some slightly less-rare consonants? And there’s a word that ends in a vowel, so…
CAMEO

Scoredle’s second guess (MARES) was a lot better than mine. And my third guess, while covering three consonants, wasn’t going to be the solution due to regular past tense. I probably could have done better, though I had already eliminated the letter that Scoredle used in the third guess to make their par into a gimme.

Wordle 1,118 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::blue_square::white_large_square::blue_square:
:blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::white_large_square:

SLATE
OCEAN - Got lucky here by using two letters from my other starting word
CAMEO

Wordle 1,118 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

READY
PASTE
NAVEL
CAMEO

This was a toughie. I usually consider that with two vowels, I don’t have any more to seek. Of course, eliminating xAxxE should have thrown that assumption into a cocked hat. Still, going for a two-vowel solution put me onto a xAxEx path, and with the dead consonants I had, the only option left to me was CAMEO.

BTW, there’s no need to try to spoiler the clipboard that Wordle gives you when you click on “Share.” It just provides the colored squares. Discourse won’t spoiler them anyway.

Wordle 1,118 3/6*

:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

LEAST
CREAM
CAMEO

I got lucky with that second word!

I am so computer illiterate.

Wordle 1,118 2/6

:orange_square::orange_square::black_large_square::blue_square::blue_square:

CANOE
CAMEO

Wow, an extremely fortunate starter came up in the rotation today.
Doubly fortunate because I was two pints in before realizing I hadn’t played yet. Nice to not have to think. :grin:

Nice going, @Wheelz!

My score wasn’t quite so impressive today.

Wordle 1,118 3/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

IRATE
CHEAP
CAMEO

Wordle 1,118 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

SLATE
PAGER
CAMEO

Wanted to check the _A_ER trap…was glad to rule that out. I was seeing about 7 words from there, and CAMEO just seemed the most likely.