"Wordle," a strangely compelling word game (Part 1)

That’s interesting that wordlebot may not play in hard mode. I wonder if it matches your setting?

Look how I could’ve got tomorrow’s in two. Just look! Look, I say!

Wordle 329 3/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

I think it gives you the result that matches your setting. I’ve noticed particular phrasing specifying stats as applying to hard mode, and I assumed that it provides analysis and comparison to match your mode. Would not be very useful if it didn’t.

Wordle 328 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:

AROSE
FUSSY
TIPSY

Tomorrow’s Wordle, Today
Second 2/6 in a row. Rock on!

Wordle 329 2/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:

Wordle 329

CREAM
METAL

That makes sense. That’s why @chela 's and my results were different. I generally play ‘hard mode’ but don’t have the setting turned on. So in this case not having hard mode enabled wordlebot to get it in three and having hard mode on made it take four tries.

I don’t think wordlebot plays like you and me are capable of playing which makes it kind of silly when it chastises you. I think wordlebot has access to the list of potential word and picks whichever next word will eliminate the most possibilities from that list.

Wordle 329 2/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

CRAMS
METAL

Well this was a pleasant 2. I wanted to add checks for E, T and L while moving the M and A. Metal checked all the boxes.

Wordle 329 3/6*

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:

PHASE
DREAM
METAL

Wordle 329 4/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

TRANS
LOUIE
MALTY
METAL

Wordle 329 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

Summary

SNORT
MEDIC
METAL

Wordle 329 2/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

RATIO
METAL

Wordle 329 3/6*

:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square:

Mitre,motel,metal

Wordle 329 3/6*

:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

BEARD
PETAL
METAL

Wordle 329 3/6

:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

ZEBRA
TEAMS
METAL

The final answer does kinda just pop in out of the blue sometimes. It’s a nice ego boost.

Undefeated in roughly 130 tries, with an average average just below four. I think maybe eight times it has taken me two guesses, and much more often three guesses. So getting a bit lucky is not a rare event.

But WordleBot, which should have no luck since it is a statistical analysis of the totality of actual answers, seems luckier still. It goes from one yellow “letter in the wrong space” to “four letters in the right space” surprisingly often. Yet, on the whole, it rarely improves on my result by more than one guess. I try to use a different starting word each time (though am sure I have accidentally repeated) but am running out of the better ones.

Wordlebot wouldn’t dare chastise me, I’d like to see it try! :rofl:.

Solid choice! We’ll done! Better luck next time! You fool you! Wait wut? :face_with_peeking_eye: lol.

Wordle 329 2/6*

:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

Fortuitous starting word. I vary them, but have no problem repeating. I just go with what I feel like choosing that day.

DEALT
METAL

Wordle 329 4/6*

:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

TRASH
ADOPT
VITAL
METAL

Wordle 329 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:blue_square::orange_square::blue_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

PIOUS
LEARN
METAL

Struck out with my new opening word, but the elimination of 3 vowels was a good thing.
Weirdly, the first word that came to me at three was FETAL, and I thought, no, it can’t possibly be that. Two weeks ago I probably would have gone with it.

Wordle 329 3/6

:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

HEART
PETAL
METAL