Worst. Sequel. EVER!

I, uh, liked this movie. Of course everyone was out-acted by HAL.

my friends & i would sometimes see some pretty poor movies - you know, the ones that were much more entertaining to critique afterwards than to see in the first place (which seems to be part of the fun in this thread).

our reviews included lame, bad, sucked, various regurgitation euphemisms, etc. but for the very worst of the worst, we reserverd the ultimate flame:

“it was better than highlander II.”

Wasn’t there a The Gods Must be Crazy II? That would have to be the worst sequel of all time.

Oooh. I’d forgotten about The Crow II. And I too haven’t seen the third one. In fact, I didn’t know it had even been made till I was at the video store the other day and saw it. Sad, sad indeed.

I’m getting ready to move, and am going through my paperback collection, and discovered a whole new area: Bad book sequels to movies. I have some of the sequels to “Blade Runner” that were written a few years ago. That suprised me, because I thought I had gotten rid of them the last time I moved. I also still had “The Relliquary”, which was an airport grade novelization to a potential sequel to the awful, awful movie “The Relic”. I guess my old movers must’ve packed the box marked “junk”.

Highlander II is the worst of the Highlander movies, and all of them are bad. But II isn’t even cheesy fun. There used to be a message board for Highlander the TV series, and the II movie was universally loathed by even the most fanatical.

They should have left Jaws alone. The sequels were embarrassing.

FriarTed mused:

The Bride of Frankenstein? The 1935, James Whale The Bride of Frankenstein? You jest, sir.

Damn. Now I’ve just noticed that he said he was joking. I must work on my reading skills.

There was, but I don’t think it was all that bad. It had the same actors/characters as the first movie. Not a great movie, but still okay. Not nearly as bad as some of the others mentioned here.

Am I the only one that thought Highlander 3 was WORSE than Highlander 2? Admitadely, I saw H2 first, and found it to be a fun movie, and haven’t seen it since I’ve seen the first one, but I still recognize the butchery of the storyline and the overall stupidity of it…but still, three SUCKED!!!

And I’d like to throw my hat in and join in the Predator 2 wasn’t THAT bad league. I enjoyed it, it had it’s moments, and could have been a hell of a lot worse. Plus, it had Bill Paxton in it! That makes every shitty movie worth viewing.

And Alien 3 was a good movie. The more I watch it, the more I like it. Alien Ressurrection, on the other hand…my friend, a psychology major, claims that there’s a whole bunch of symbolic crap in it that makes it pure genuis. I think she’s full of shit. Even though the director is one of my all time favorites, his Hollywood debut really, REALLY stunk. The casting was still brilliant, and you have to admit, the scene where the two aliens killed the third to escape was pretty cool.

The Crow: Salvation was really bad, but actually, a lot better than City of Angels. That was absolutely terrible, I don’t think a worse sequel to The Crow could have been made.

Am I mistaken in remembering a Beastmaster 3? I can’t recall if I really saw it, or just ate some bad Chinese before going to bed.

Elvis, No you’re not the only one. I saw H2 on the big screen and liked it, especially the part with Ramirez (Connery) suddenly appearing onstage where a Shakespeare play is being performed. I could tell the third one was going to be a stinker just by watching the trailers so I avoided it.

I think I’ve got it, H2 was an OK movie that was sullied by a crappy ending. I remember watching in the theater and thinking WTF was that? Seems to me that Elvis and I are the only ones who remember the good parts.

H20 - Halloween should have stopped long ago. Most of the horror series went too far

Home ALone 4, The Next Karate Kid, and anything that goes directly to video.

Funkalicious, you know H20 isn’t the most recent one, right? This past year they had Halloween: Resurrection.

The Jaws sequels were mentioned. Yep. The worst was Jaws 3-3D. Oh man. I mean, 3D??? What were they thinking? I remember seeing it on TV (I wouldn’t have paid money for that, even counterfit) and I have this image in my mind of a shark sort of…hanging…in the middle of the screen. Sheesh.

I refuse to watch Blues Bros. 2000. It’s just blasphemous.

Hal out acted everyone in the first movie was well.

But in 2001, that was intentional.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I give you “Caddyshack 2”.

No, I mean it…I’ll give you the video…it’s the worst POS I’ve even seen. Get it out of here.

Best movie about caddies? Caddyshack!

Worst movie about caddies? Caddyshack 2!

Dare I mention the Police Academy series? Who’da thought you could get worse than the first one?

Errr…nevermind. Jeff Olson has already dared.

Damn stupid multi-page threads…