Would you rather Look Good or Feel Good?

Four hours before class getting ready? When did she do her assignments!? (spoken as a true procrastinator who never finished a paper a second before it was due.)

At this point in my life I’d be content with either. :slight_smile:

Look good - except when it comes to shoes. I can’t stand heels - which is sad, as I am just barely over 5 ft.

Look good, but I’m sure that comes as no surprise.

I think if push came to shove, I’d choose feeling good over looking good. I mean, my girlfriend has seen me at my worst, and stays with me anyway.

I firmly believe that you can do both look good and be comfortable… at least for men. Most of the men I know who bitch long and loud about suits, ties and dress shoes have poorly fitting ones. If you get a shirt with the proper neck size, a suit that’s fitted and altered to fit correctly, and dress shoes that fit correctly, there’s not any reason that you should be any more or less comfortable than wearing anything else, save maybe in hot weather, when it’s a matter of insulation.

As for women, I don’t know. I get the impression that shoes in particular are not designed for a normal foot shape or size, and sometimes wonder about the other clothes.

IME, looking good leads to feeling good, so I’d rather look good.

I know a lot of people are drawn to say “feel good” because it just sounds better and less shallow. I’d like to as well, on principle, but I just can’t choose one over the other. If I think I look like shit, especially in public, I will feel like shit. I don’t eat everything I’d like to knowing it will affect my look later, but I usually refuse to wear my pretty and expensive shoes out for fear of sore feet, leaving them to prettily gather dust under the bed.

I appreciate beauty in many different ways so of course it’s nice to ‘participate.’ But I’ll be damned if I give up or neglect the most important things in my life to that end. Luckily there are lots of happy mediums.