Wow. Sucks to be in the Denver area today.

Hey! Was that a short joke?

I would never make a joke about vertically challanged…hey…where’d you go???

Good, that leaves me everything else! Oh, shit, that means I have to take Pueblo *and * Greeley? Man, being emperor sucks sometimes.

By the way, Bobo, the summer of '93 wasn’t as violent as the local media made itout to be. I was in the newspaper biz back then, taught a journalism class at the local juco. One of my students did research, proved that the “Summer of Violence” actually saw a decrease in murders from the previous several years. But there were several gang killings together in one month, so the Denver TV stations jumped on it.

And speaking of the heat, did the Queen City of the Plains set a record this week? We did out east – 107 on Tuesday. Damn hot! Record-setting hot! And the first one of ya’ that says, “Yeah, but it’s a dry heat!” will get zapped in the ass with my 1920s style death ray!

I’ll just assume my throne down here in The 'Ranch where the HOA’s contract with God and several other relevant deities have limited the temperature to 75-83f in summer and 25-40f in winter. Castle Rock’s mine as well, but you can have Pueblo.

Lots of Rocky Mountain Royalty! I’m honored. :smiley:

Could you guys use your divine influence to cast Colorado Springs out of the state? Sparing Josh and John’s Ice Cream and Manitou Springs. Please!

Fools! Pueblo is home to the US Government Printing Office. Ah, the power… It makes me all tingly.

1993 had a decrease in murders, but seems there were more random accidental deaths (kids hit by stray bullets was the big one, since some survived the numbers look better). Also - I was living in Denver at the time and heard gunshots every Fri/Sat night, so the media bilge was certainly believable. Miserable heat, too. Not as bad as '94 (which saw an increase in murders: '92 - 95, '93 - 74, '94&'95 - 81), but I had a swamp cooler installed that year.

I’ll betcha Ritter manages to find the money to have metal detectors installed at the capital and throws around some fear mongering of his own - “Terrorists! Think of The Children! Heart of our Great State!”

I think there’s a plan being studied now to move Colorado Springs to Utah, Broadmoor and all. I think that’s the real reason Mitt Romney was in town last night. It was originally proposed by CDOT to ease congestion on I-25 south of Baptist Road. That would make Falcon the largest city between Castle Rock and Canon City. It’s the only way we can keep **Inigo ** from expanding his empire.

Fine, but you gotta’ take Durango, too. *And * Cortez. And that means everything from Trinidad west, and you know what *that * means! Wolf Creek Pass, baby, and in the winter it’s a beast! Your minions in Del Norte will be in open rebellion by February.

Yep, but we didn’t know in the spring of '94 just how bad it would get that summer. Funny thing is, the TV stations got slapped so hard for '93 they were kind of timid about the subject after that.

I dunno, he’s talking like he really doesn’t want to do that. I’d hate to see it, too. I remember just wandering around the Capitol in the summertime when I was a kid – we could just walk in, grab a brochure and walk around looking at the place. On the other hand, if there’d been metal detectors in place on Monday, the emperor would still be alive.

Tuxedo-togged tasered terrorist - with TB.

Colorado’s worst nightmare!

It’s a pussycat now - I remember going over it in an old Dodge Dart, snowing so hard you couldn’t see the guardrails (thankfully, you also couldn’t see when there were no guard rails because the guy ahead went through them), little 2-lane road with no shoulder, Mom whispering too us “Don’t make any sounds, Daddy’s trying to find the road”. Her dad usually ended up towing the mangled wrecks off the mountain after a storm…

Good times, good times.

Ah, yes, whatever happened to CW McCall?

WCP may look like a pussycat to you, but to us flatlanders it’s still pretty scary. I even hold my breath going over Laveta (or LaVeta or La Veta, however you prefer.) And Independence Pass scares the bejeebers out of me. If you ask me, the whole damn mountain range should have tennels in it.

Have you ever written headlines for the Post?

He was Mayor of Ouray CO, for a few years in the 80s and 90s.

I just got my scooter back on the road last night. It’s a good time of the year to be on a bike in Denver.

[small voice]Um, can I have Durango? It’s my most favoritest part of the whole state![/small voice]

You have to formally petition Bobotheoptimist, and then there has to be a plebecite or plebesite or some kind of plebe election, and there has to be ratification. It’s a long, drawn-out process. Or, you could invade it and occupy it. I don’t think anyone would notice.

By the way, we had a cloud cover and fine, misty rain most of the day today. And mid-70s. Muggy, sticky, like being wrapped in a wet blanket all day. Yechhhh. But it’s cleared off this evening. Nice breeze. Watchin’ the trucks whine past out on I-76.

Not condoning the invasion of my territory, but the best time is right after delivery of the first mushroom crop after school starts. Pretty much no opposition from the college and the locals will just assume you’re tripping.

The false emperor apparently was in his 30’s, lived with his parents, and (according to neighbors) “Had a problem”

What, you didn’t see Red Dawn? Patrick Swayze and his posse would kick your ass.

Red Dawn was set in Calumet. Durango’s a whole 'nother animal.