Wow, that's a great cover of that song

I will always prefer DEVO’s cover of The Rolling Stones’ (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.

I’m also fond of Minutemen’s cover of Steely Dan’s Dr. Wu.

Stone Temple Pilots Dancing days Led Zep cover. So, so much better. They slowed it down.

If you like her sound, you should watch Ally McBeal. Vonda Shepard was featured very heavily in that series (singing).

Two of my go to great covers are:
While My Keytar Gently Weeps by Lemon Demon
and
Comfortably Numb by Ani Difranco and Dar Williams

Also, I really like Jolene by Miley Cyrus. And, while not really a cover, the slowed down version of Jolene is really good as well.

From Leo Moracchioli we have Africa and Sultans Of Swing. I’m not a metal guy at all, but just about anything coming out of Frog Leap Studios is worth watching.

Dolly wrote and recorded the song. Regardless of one artist doing another artist’s version of it, anyone doing that song is doing a Dolly Parton cover.
It’s like when someone does Hallelujah and someone comments that they’re doing the Jeff Buckley version. It’s still a Leonard Cohen cover.

Happy X-mas (War is Over) originally by John Lennon, covered by Miley Cyrus.

Not Dark Yet originally by Bob Dylan, covered by Robyn Hitchcock

All Along The Watchtower originally by Bob Dylan, covered by The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Jeff Beck and Seal’s cover of Like a Rolling Stone will likely always be on my top list of covers: Seal & Jeff Beck - "Like A Rolling Stone" - YouTube

I’m a huge fan of Joni Mitchell, but I think her song Woodstock is just dreadful.

IMO the cover by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young is much better.

Yes indeed. Here’s Toots and the Maytals covering Take Me Home Country Roads.

Just played this, and the whole household loves it.

Simply magnificent.

j

Aretha Franklin did a lot of great rock covers, but the one I like the most is her energetic version of “Eleanor Rigby”. Makes it a whole different song, but as good as the original.

ETA: her version of “Let It Be” of course is also magnificent, but closer to the Beatles version (it was written with Aretha in mind anyway as I remember Paul having said).

So guess who did a pretty fine version of Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters “? Shakira!

Dolly Parton’s cover of
Stairway to Heaven gives me goosebumps.

Sammy Hagar got a little butthurt that Rick Springfield’s cover of “I’ve Done Everything For You” was a bigger hit than his original. Get over yourself, Sam.

I’m not really a fan of country music, but I’m fond of Blake Shelton’s cover of “She Talks to Angels”.

Creep - Vintage Postmodern Jukebox Radiohead Cover ft. Haley Reinhart

This is my favorite cover ever.

Radiohead’s OK Computer album, done by a reggae band (the album, inevitably, is “Radiodread.”) I think it’s great!

Er… magnificent?

j

Hmmm. Does the version which inspires the reworking not deserve any recognition though? And if the arrangement and performance are major aspects of the cover, is it not fair to say what’s really being referenced/copied? The Jeff Buckley version is far more of a piece with the John Cale interpretation than it is with the Cohen original, but if someone sings it that way because they know Buckley, then it at least as meaningful to say they’re they’re covering Buckley, as it is to mention Cale or Cohen.

Legally, Cohen gets the writing credit, obviously, but in terms of what the new performance seeks to emulate? That’s a Buckley fan, singing a Buckley song, a la Buckley.

Sultans of Swing, or any cover by Sina.

According to one interpretation or another, I guess The Barbusters’ version of Light of Day counts as a pretty great Springsteen cover.