Wow. The Onion tasted bad.

What the fuck were they thinking?

**Sharon’s Neurotransmitters Reach Cease-Fire Agreement

January 25, 2006 | Issue 42•04

JERUSALEM—After more than 77 years under constant fire, the neurotransmitters of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s brain could be nearing a truce. “These endless, often senseless patterns of never-ending discharge must come to an end,” a spokesman for Sharon’s neurostructure told reporters. “Activity has already slowed considerably since the violent blood-clot explosion in his brain earlier this month. We expect a total cessation of cranial nerve firings within two weeks.” Observers are unsure whether the cease-fire will bring peace to Sharon’s war-torn cranial region, but they remain guardedly optimistic.**

Seems funny to me. Well, not laugh out loud funny, but funny.

I’ll admit it, I laughed.

Yeah, it didn’t make me laugh out loud, but I did smile at it. Not because I wish death on Sharon, but because it’s kind of clever.

I remember the tasteless headline they had after the tsunami and hurricae Katrina:

“God outdoes terrorists again!!”

(i laughed)

That’s funny to me, but I’m kinda sick like that.

This is in such contrast to the tastefulness The Onion usually shows.

You think that’s bad? You should see what the Israeli satire programs/pages are doing with Sharon… he and his condition have been officially declared fair game.
Oh… just for example; not one of the better lines, just what I can come up with right now: “Why are Likud politicians lining up for Dance Shows on TV? They want to prove they can move all of their limbs” (following all kinds of excited reports that Sharon had displayed some motion in 3 of his limbs, about 10 days ago.)
If their’s one nation in the world that thrives on black humor, it would have to be us :eek:

As for the Onion snippet? Meh; not offensive, but just not that funny either.

First time reading The Onion, I take it?

Um, yeah. The Onion makes a tasteless joke. In other news, pope shits in woods. Film at 11.

If you don’t like black humor, the Onion may not be for you. This is nowhere near the bottom of their barrel, either–look for an article on Texas Jews commemorating the holocaust Texas-style.

Seems pretty normal to me. Funny, but not laugh out loud funny, like the others said.

Grand by me.

Then again I thought the, “Child abuse. How much is too much?” headline was hilariously offensive.

Weirdly enough, it feels like this isn’t the first time reading this thread. Deja vu is certainly a strange phenomenon.

Shrug.

The headline got a laugh from me, the body copy was too drawn out and didn’t add much. Pretty common for the Onion.

My personal favorite has always been the short and simple, “Ebert Victorious”.

That’s no worse than grosser than gross jokes…

What’s grosser than gross? When you throw your girlfriends panties at the wall and they stick.

What’s grosser than gross? Eating a jar of mayo and finding a hair in the bottom.

My favorite of the “less than completely tasteful” variety: Columbine Jocks Safely Resume Bullying

Mine is Christopher Reeve placed atop Washington Monument.

The Sharon piece is certainly bad taste, no doubt about that. But that’s the Onion’s classic M.O. And I must admit, it did make me laugh. Still, my sense of humour has a decidedly black streak :slight_smile:

Man, I wish we lived in a free society where we weren’t forced to read things that offend us.

Oh wait…

What’s grosser than gross? Fingering your girlfriend and finding a class ring.

What’s grosser than gross? Sitting on Grandpa’s lap and he pops a boner.

What’s grosser than gross? Kissing you Grandma and she slips you the tongue.

What’s grosser than gross? Tagging a pregnant lady and something grabs your dick.

What’s grosser than gross? Tagging a chick in the junk and she eats the piece of corn off your dick when you’re done.

I’ll be here all day…